Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a contract, i have no network coverage and the contract was mis-sold

najeeba
Visitor

Dear EE, 

14 day no network coverage cancellation & missold contract:

I bought the contract from EE on the 19th of February 2024, it's an iPhone 15 pro max with an Apple watch. Before buying the contract I asked them if the service is good they yes it's really good we have changed now it works everywhere but it doesn’t. I started using my number and the service was bad only one signal bar my calls weren’t going through and I couldn’t receive any calls even though my 4G data wasn’t working and it was a 5G sim. I went back 22/2/24 and told them about the issue and asked for a refund but they said we couldn’t do the refund when you buy from the store you can’t refund it I told them that it’s in your policy that if the service is bad we can claim a refund plus they missold me the contract the guy who was serving me said I have an offer for you. You can get this phone for 85 pounds and if you want an Apple watch with it you can spend an extra 2.50 and get an Apple watch total of 87 pounds but when I came home and checked the contract it was 20 pounds for the Apple watch total 98 pounds  has left my account via direct debit. I even asked him 2,3 times are you sure it’s 2.50 for an Apple watch he said yes we went back and told them the whole situation they denied everything I even complained to customer service they did an investigation but nothing happened again we went back to the store complaint about it he gave me a new sim card on 26th February and told me to use this and if it doesn’t work call customer service they will do network refresh for you. I did everything but no actions were taken.
We have been to the store on numerous occasions and they completed the protocol with your technical team in regards to the network refresh etc, however, there is still no network. The manager in the EE store - Finn, assistant manager - Joe said, ' Whatever happens we will not refund you!' even though they instructed me to do the new sim check and the technical team told us to go back to the store and they will refund you. Sultan the store assiant said if the network refresh and technical team find ther is no network after the testing, that they would refund it in full - when went today he denied saying any of that - they have lied to us throughout the process and continued to lie and take into account their words. they even told us that Sultan did not missell the contract and that everything is recorded yet have failed to provide any evidence of the recordings. 

The manager refused to come out of his office and explain anything, they began to get argumentative and dismissive and I am a disabled old lady who is vulnerable and now I felt like I was taken advantage of by Sultan the salesperson who sold me the contract. I have already filed a complaint with ofcom as EE are refusing to adhere to their 14 day - no network coverage policy and also in regards to the miss-selling practices by Sultan. I would like this contract canceled immediately and to be refunded.

In summary - they are adhering to the 14 day in store - no network coverage return policy - the manager Finn even said when we initially went back to arrange the return - 'there is no policy for no network coverage return policy' we then had to show him the policy on your website before he admitted that actually there is a policy in place.

The contract was also missold to me, they gave incorrect figures for costs and lied to me about how much it would cost until I got home and checked the contract. Sultan also zoomed in on the tablet where you have to sign so I couldn't see the entire contract and see what I was signing for.

If you also look a the contract he has sold me a business contract- I am a disabled old vulnerable lady who suffers from many mental and physical illnesses and I do not own a business, he stated on the contract paperwork that I am a sole trader and put a fake business name, again this is untrue and has lied about my employment status to complete the sale.

I have already filed a complaint with Ofcom for this entire debacle and  explained to them that EE are not following their policy and procedure and are misselling - with the managers in the store knowing that Sultan has missold the contract and FInn and Joe the managers in EE store in Croydon North End being dismissive, showing no empthay and outright being rude about the situation and accusing me of lying. All 3 of these staff members are complicit in fraud and misselling and going againt policy and procedure. 

they also keep saying they have no connection to head office and they can't see what head office or customer service teams write on the system. they say that you purchased in-store and head office cannot do anything about this or that head office or customer service and technical teams have no jurisdiction in any matter within their store.

If these are the type of managers ( Finn & Joe)  you have in store saying these things then your senior management need to sit them down and give them a stern talking to about how they are conducting business.

I am totally appalled, stressed out, and unable to afford such an expensive contract, I would like the EE head office to take ownership of this complaint and cancel my contract and refund me any money paid already.

Kind Regards 

Najeeba Mukhtar

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @najeeba 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience in store and with the equipment provided, thank you for explaining what happened. I've sent you a private message to get some information so that we can look into this further. Could you take a look and get back to me please?

Thanks

Chris