cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register sim card

cwuk100
Explorer

Just got my new EE Pay as you Go sim card. Created a new account, went to register the sim and in a loop trying to register the sim. Constantly being told unable to register the sim card. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cwuk100 

Could you try registering on a different device or browser please? 

Chris

Yer tried that, trip on chrome/edge and safari... On android phone/windows laptop and ipad

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @cwuk100 

I suggest speaking with our Mobile Care team on 150. They'll be able to help get it registered manually for you.

Chris

Alonso3
Visitor

Hello I want to register my sim in my name

Leanne_T

Hi @Alonso3 

Is the account currently in someone else's name? 

Leanne.

I am trying to register my sim however it keeps trying to send me a 6 digit sim pin to my number, which i cant receive because the sim isnt registered so i have no service. I cannot call 150 because i have no service due to sim not being registered.....

James_B

Welcome to the EE Community, @Joderzz92 

Is this a brand new SIM or a replacement?

James

@Joderzz92 : You don't need to register a SIM just to use it. So there must be some other reason.

Are you abroad? When did you last use this PAYG SIM?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)