cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EE sim card doesn't work in my home country

Haukmin
Investigator
Investigator

I started using an EE SIM card with the 'Pay as you go' plan 6 months ago in the UK. Now, I am in my home country, Taiwan.

Despite showing the bars with R sign, I cannot use phone calls and SMS (which showed Failed to send).  There are still a few pounds left in my EE account.

Before I went back to my country, I went to the EE store and asked the staff about the SIM condition, and he told me that I could use it; actually, it is not.

Can someone please help me how to deal with this? I am afraid of losing my phone number if I can't use it once a month.

24 REPLIES 24

@Haukmin Have you just tried restarting the device? 

Iphone 8+ 

Haukmin

Yeah. I have tried.

And when I tried to dial UK number from my country, the automatic-operator said  '' Your number is temporarily invalid for outgoing calls''.

Haukmin

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @Haukmin 

I think it may be best to try and speak to our technical support team so they can check your account and make sure everything is set up as it should be from our side. You can find our contact information, including an international number, on our contact us page. I know of users in a similar situation using a VOiP service, such as Skype, to call us.

Chris

Thanks ya tons @Christopher_G 

Much appreciated.

Haukmin