cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE incorrectly threatening to disconnect my number due to a lack of chargable

Warren1969
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, ee are incorrectly threatening to disconnect my number due to a lack of chargeable activity.  I last used the number to send a chargeable text messages in January.

150 and the other numbers will not connect for some reason so I have been unable to contact Customer Services to discuss the issue.

In an effort to resolve the issue myself and keep the number I have had with ee/tmobile for over 20 years, I have purchase a recurring monthly pack.  All now seems OK, but I am unable to confirm anywhere that the hibernation/deletion has now ceased. 

Does anyone know whether this will stop the process of deleting my number?

Please help, I really dont know what else to do.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perfect! Didnt think of using SKYPE.

Thank you Leanne, that was a very helpful suggestion.

Warren

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Warren1969 wrote:

All now seems OK, but I am unable to confirm anywhere that the hibernation/deletion has now ceased. 

You've posted the same query in two separate posts which have now been merged.

If you're able to make & receive calls now, your line is out of hibernation.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have been recieving texts and can send them too, but cannot make any out going calls.

As I said I now have a pack, and all of the credit I had left still appears to be in my account.

Im travelling in the EU with work for a few weeks so Im not going to be able to go in to a high street store for a while to talk to anyone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Warren1969 

What happens when you try and make a call? 

Can you receive calls? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne. The call says dialling then straight to call ended.

Its very odd! I have received text messages, and texts appear to send ok (looked at my credit and an amount had been taken as would be expected). 

Really, I just would like to find out whether my number still going to be put in to hibernation and disconnected in a couple of months.

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Leanne_T

Thanks @Warren1969 

To check the hibernation status you would need to call our mobile guides from any other phone or calling app. 

Our Contact EE page has contact details for getting in touch from any phone. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne, already tried to contact those numbers and that is when I discovered that the calls will not connect.  I dont have access to another phone, and have read on the web page that using someone elses mobile will result in them being charged 25p a minute.

Do you have any others options for me to try?

Warren

Leanne_T

Hi @Warren1969 

I am sorry you would need to call us from another phone if you can or a calling app such as Skype if you can use this. 

Leanne.

@Warren1969 wrote:

and have read on the web page that using someone elses mobile will result in them being charged 25p a minute.

The charge to you is 25p per call, not 25p per minute.

Perfect! Didnt think of using SKYPE.

Thank you Leanne, that was a very helpful suggestion.

Warren