cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still. Awaiting my Google pixel 8 pro

Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Disgusted by the lack of communication from ee regarding the delay on my pre ordered pixel 8 pro. Have been with ee since it took over my original orange contact and I must say this is by far the worst 'upgrade' experience I've had.  One of the reasons I've gone for the upgrade is due to wanting a better camera for when  I go on holiday, if ee had explained it was going to take this long (still with no expected delivery date) I may have chosen another phone or company. 

59 REPLIES 59
msikdar
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks will call EE and ask for the same email. 

Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Cheers for the update Adam, what email did you use to contact Google?

I'll also give EE a call today to ask them for an email confirmation of the delay. 

Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Further update, I've spoken to a very helpful guy called Kev at ee.

He seems to think my order will be dispatched as soon as the next delivery from Google hits (but couldn't confirm when this would be). He confirmed the longest backorder date he could see on the system was on the 9th.

Based on this he said he would be surprised if it wasn't sent out to me this week. Will update if I get any further news

I've been receiving lots of mixed messages from support on this, today I was told that it would be 14 days from when the delivery arrives from Google which will take my wait time to 30+ days - I haven't been told at any point of a fulfilment of backlog. The frustration is that it's seemingly impossible to get a consistent answer from EE. 

Look forward to seeing any updates from fellow waiters!

This still doesn't explain *why* there's a delay. Brand new phone. Available direct from Google. My bet is this is a glitch in the ordering system, judging by the horrific number of broken links and errors on the website and app (the app has never worked well, since the start of the EE brand!).

HALLELUJAH!!!

Just had a text from DPD that they are expecting my EE Parcel and will be out for delivery soon. Thought this day would never come!

I ordered on the 8th so if your ordered on the 9th, I'm guessing yours won't be far off either.

Thanks for the update! Will try and temper my excitement/frustration

I just had another pointless Update That Isn't An Update email. No, EE, another email that says the order is coming soon does not make me feel any better! 

msikdar
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nice one. 

msikdar
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

😂