cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still. Awaiting my Google pixel 8 pro

Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Disgusted by the lack of communication from ee regarding the delay on my pre ordered pixel 8 pro. Have been with ee since it took over my original orange contact and I must say this is by far the worst 'upgrade' experience I've had.  One of the reasons I've gone for the upgrade is due to wanting a better camera for when  I go on holiday, if ee had explained it was going to take this long (still with no expected delivery date) I may have chosen another phone or company. 

59 REPLIES 59
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bluefin040 

The current guidance on the EE Shop for new orders is, usually despatched within 7 days. 

If you would like to check the order please call us on 150. 

Leanne 🙂

My Bay 256GB Pixel 8 Pro is being delivered today. Ordered the 15th October. Within the 28 days stated but longer than hoped.

Looks like all new orders on this model are for delivery to be expected within 7 days.

Cheers everyone!

RebeccaToor
Visitor

I also have been waiting 27 days for my Google pixel 8 Pro. Tomorrow will be 28 days as I was told when ordering. There has been no update on the order page. 

So today I contacted EE via the app and they have told me I'd be better cancelling the order and reordering as I will receive the new phone in 7 days!!!! It's beyond madness because before that message they told me the phones are delivered on a first come first serve basis... I have been waiting 27 days so how is this fair??? Then I was told I need to sort out my own insurance and contact EE on the phone which I should not have to do, I've already been incovienced enough as it is. 

I'm pretty frustrated and annoyed at this... Whether the complaint raised will actually do anything I don't know but I feel let down after being with EE for well over 15 years. 

Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I can't see how if you cancel your order you will get it any quicker , unless you are going to change the colour or memory size to a less popular (in stock) option . That almost sounds like someone trying to get a sale out of it.

There was a very helpful guy that I spoke to when I was trying to chase mine up  and he actually checked to see roughly how far down I was on the waiting list. When I spoke to him I was told I was at the bottom of the first page and he would expect a dispatch to me as soon as the next batch arrived (which he said he thought they got weekly and in large numbers). 

After that I actually received my phone within 3 days, literally the day before I went on holiday . Was able to take some amazing pictures with the camera.

I hope you get yours soon, on the whole the service provided by EE has been very poor around this and I've been a customer with them since they took over my old orange contact . All it would take is some better communication to people waiting to update them, even if it's just blanket emails...

msikdar
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have asked about checking where I am on waiting list but no luck.

Was there a particular level/team you spoke to? I have been going through to upgrades team as they were the ones that put my order through but they have been very unhelpful.

I rang 150 and asked to speak to someone
Abbett
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It was just via the upgrade team , I think his name may have been Kevin but not 100%- in fairness to him he was the only one that seemed willing to take some time and look into it in detail for me.

I can't see me upgrading again anytime soon with this one having 7 years updates but if I did he would be the only reason I would reconsider using EE again in the future.

Wanbujntou
Visitor

So after 29 days I was still yet to receive any communication of the ETA of my delivery.

I went on EE webchat and they were completely useless, the just repeated the same thing over and over and raised a complaint. 

I then dialled 150 5 mins later and spoke to a very friendly and useful employee called Jiles who advised my order had been picked and would be out for delivery the next day. 

Not sure if the compliant moved my order to the front, or if it was just a coincidence, but I suggest talking to a person over the phone. I just got annoyed with webchat 

msikdar
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks. Do you know what team you spoke to?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @msikdar 

If you call 150 our customer care team will be happy to get this looked into for you and provide an update on your order. 

Leanne.