cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Trade-in Upgrade Bug

lukasziak
Explorer

Trying to upgrade as an existing EE customer. Clicking through the phones and choosing Green Samsung S22 on a trade-in plan, once the device type and IMEI are added and the new phone can be added to the basket - it then appears as White S22 128GB. This is regardless of which colour or storage capacity is selected. I am therefore unable to proceed with my order... Having tried to "change the device & plan" through the basket results in the same outcome, White S22 128GB appeared again. More shockingly, if you were to choose the 256GB version on a trade-in plan (slighlty more expensive monthly, but same upfront cost), it asks you to "pay £702 today" once in the basket instead on £50 upfront cost within the trade-in. That can't be right, surely!! Screenshot below.

Screenshot_20220626-013529_Chrome.jpg

Interestingly, this only seems to be an issue if you go through Upgrade. Clearly there must be some kind of a bug. Having tested the same steps without being logged in - selecting Green Samsung S22 128GB and choosing the trade-in plan - the device and the plan are added to the basket correctly. However, if you were to choose S22 256GB on a trade-in plan, selecting "choose this plan" redirects you to the homepage rather than adding the phone and the plan to the basket.

2 REPLIES 2
lukasziak
Explorer

Just to clarify, this occurs in the My EE app and also via any web browser, having tried a few.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @lukasziak.

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend giving our upgrades team a call so they can look into this for you. They'll also be able to help you complete an upgrade for the correct model and plan.

Jon