cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE removed Lifetime Staff discount

Vuanhle
Explorer

I have recently upgraded my plan to a SIM only tariff since August as Samsung didn't release a Note phone this year so I decided to skip upgrading my handset. I noticed that my staff discount 40% off had been removed. This discount is a lifetime discount and shouldn't be removed unless I change the mobile number, as long as I upgrade the discount transfers over. I have upgraded handsets and upgraded to SIM only before and the discount has always transferred over. I thought maybe it was just charged at full price on the first month but it's been removed completely. 

Please can this be re-applied to my account as I'm thinking about upgrading to the S22 Ultra when that's released but without the staff discount I will have to consider not upgrading.

I have the staff discount as I use to work for Dixon's Retail Group.

Please can someone help me with this?

15 REPLIES 15
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Vuanhle

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you. 🙂

Chris

Jtk27
Explorer

Did you manage to get this resolved? This happened to me also, I have messaged support staff on here, I've used the online support and waited 30 minutes with 150 to finally get through for them to discover the discount is in my account, however they refused to apply it to my bills and then hung up on me. As a customer for 8 years this is the first issue I have contacted support on and nobody is interested in resolving just passing the book to someone else.

Please can a general statement be put out on why this is happening to everyone as I've seen multiple people with this issue and please can the resolution or reason of removal be shared also?

James_B

Hi @Jtk27,

My colleague who is dealing with your issue will get back to you directly as soon as we have a resolution for you.

We appreciate your patience while this is looked into.

James

StephieMolyneux
Investigator
Investigator

Hey! I'm looking to upgrade but also concerned my staff discount won't be added - would anyone be able to help me or give an update on the other cases? Thanks! 

Hi

I wouldn't bother as you will lose your staff discount unless you go up
store to do it and the sales advisor put it on for you. EE wouldn't do
anything to help at all and wouldn't cancel my contract either. They were
very unhelpful and kept telling me I was lucky to have it for that long
even though the company I worked for said it is lifetime discount providing
I upgrade always using the same number.

I hope that helps

Hi I am wanting to upgrade to and having the same issue

the discount as mentioned was meant to be lifetime as a special offer for those who changed from orange or t mobile to EE. 

I’ve tried to process my upgrade but when realising the discount was taken off I’ve returned the handset. The team reverted me back to my original contract with the 40% discount applied so I’m not sure why I keep getting told it doesn’t exist if they can reapply it to my old contract. 

as mentioned it was lifetime discount and a special offer so I understand that it can’t be given out again, but I don’t get why it’s gotten removed from my account if it already exists for me. I’ve been with ee for 9 years and orange for an about 5 years prior. 

I would appreciate if someone can help me out with this 

Hi I am wanting to upgrade to and having the same issue

the discount as mentioned was meant to be lifetime as a special offer for those who changed from orange or t mobile to EE. 

I’ve tried to process my upgrade but when realising the discount was taken off I’ve returned the handset. The team reverted me back to my original contract with the 40% discount applied so I’m not sure why I keep getting told it doesn’t exist if they can reapply it to my old contract. 

as mentioned it was lifetime discount and a special offer so I understand that it can’t be given out again, but I don’t get why it’s gotten removed from my account if it already exists for me. I’ve been with ee for 9 years and orange for an about 5 years prior. 

I would appreciate if someone can help me out with this as it’s not great loyalty service for those who have genuinely stayed loyal to the brand 

Leanne_T

Hi there @Vbailey 

Thanks for coming here. 

I would suggest calling us on 150 and our mobile care team can check your account and see what upgrade options are available for you with the discount. 

Leanne.

Hi there

I have called 150 on numerous occasions and keep getting told they will be removing and cannot carry it on. 

I would like to know the reason why this is the case, if it’s non existent as they mentioned then how are they able to reapply it to my account when I returned my upgrade.

as mentioned this was meant to be a lifetime agreement and doesn’t sit right that EE are now attempting to go back against their contract