cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use 30% student beans dicsount and can't remove multiline discount

hamzacorum
Visitor

Hi, 

For two weeks, I have been trying to apply for a discount from Student Beans, which is worth 30 %, and complete my purchase. The deal I was looking for was unlimited data, which cost 36 GBP originally and should be around 25 after the discount. The code revealed by Student Beans worked successfully, and the price went down, but I could not complete the purchase. Then, I called 150 as advised on the screen indicating the error in my proceeding. Nobody could help me with the issue despite several calls because the code can only be used through online purchases. Today, I have decided to pop into a branch to get help. But, somehow, every single sim-only deal applicable to me starts to show as a multi-product discount, although I do not have any other EE product or sim. The code from Student Beans did not work as there was already a discount for multi-products.  And of course, I still cannot complete the purchase now since I am not eligible for a multi-product discount. I will leave EE this week unless someone can sort this issue out. 

Is there anyone who could help me with this?

Best regards, 

Hamza Corum. 

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hamzacorum 

Welcome to the community.

What did it say exactly when you tried to complete the purchase? Is it an upgrade that you're doing, or adding another line?

Chris

Chris

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Gi @hamzacorum 

The code will not work if the plan or handset is already discounted or has a benefit excluding and code/discount. It will say in the legal ir description section of the plan/item if and code is not applicable. 

There is a few discounts currently on sim only contracts including the one you refer to above, they are on offer at the moment. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.