cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE removed Lifetime Staff discount

Vuanhle
Explorer

I have recently upgraded my plan to a SIM only tariff since August as Samsung didn't release a Note phone this year so I decided to skip upgrading my handset. I noticed that my staff discount 40% off had been removed. This discount is a lifetime discount and shouldn't be removed unless I change the mobile number, as long as I upgrade the discount transfers over. I have upgraded handsets and upgraded to SIM only before and the discount has always transferred over. I thought maybe it was just charged at full price on the first month but it's been removed completely. 

Please can this be re-applied to my account as I'm thinking about upgrading to the S22 Ultra when that's released but without the staff discount I will have to consider not upgrading.

I have the staff discount as I use to work for Dixon's Retail Group.

Please can someone help me with this?

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Vbailey 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Leanne.

hi Leanne, 

i have responded back to your private message. 

thanks 

Katie857
Visitor

Hey,

I’m having exact same issue now with my upgrade. Spent ages on phone with a guy only for him to tell me that there’s no lifetime discount for ex-employees. Then he said that if I want discount the only option is family and fitness one so I’d have to find someone who could do that. V unhelpful and v frustrating.
Did you guys manage to get it resolved?

I think this needs to go to the media as this is so unfair. This was a
right for us who had this and for them to unfairly remove them there should
be someone in the media or a lawyers office that can represent all of the
people that worked for years.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Katie857 @Jayesh220 

Thanks for coming here. 

I would suggest calling us again and the team can see if there are any available options for you with the upgrade and discount. 

Leanne.

Josie13
Visitor

I’m having this issue at the moment. They are telling the lifetime status never existed. When I took out the new contract I confirmed with the agent about my discount and now I’m being told this is not possible. So I have requested the call is listened too. Awaiting further.. 

hopefully we will all be sorted.