cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy a phone without needing a FTAC number?

Benmcm1
Explorer

Long story short, previous phone I own is an o2 account not in my name. I want to buy a new contract iPhone and have a new phone number. I Can’t get past the prompt for a FTAC number. Is there a way to buy a new EE contracted phone without this? Cancelling the current situation with o2 is being dealt with separately so I don’t feel like I need to ask EE to do it for me. 
thanks in advance 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Benmcm1 

This section is not mandatory you can leave this empty and complete all other details marked with the * as these are mandatory. 

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Benmcm1   You just need to take out a contract and you’ll get a new number.  Don’t worry about the STAC code.

You don’t need to do anything with the o2 number that’s for the account holder of that number to sort. 

My mistake I meant to say STAC, thanks for correcting me. When I’m filling out the information for the new contract the STAC code is a required field, so I’m not sure how to complete the order without one? I’m not sure how this all works I’ve never needed to do it before

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Benmcm1 

This section is not mandatory you can leave this empty and complete all other details marked with the * as these are mandatory. 

Leanne 🙂