cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Anytime = Waste of Time!

10yearsEEcustom
Explorer

Upgrade anytime is an absolute waste of time and will cause you nothing but stress! 
Not only is the upgrade anytime feature itself a waste of time and not very cost effective for the customer. But, once you do actually navigate your way through it, you will start to receive texts every other day from EE to say you have not sent your old phone back. (Even if you have and have given them the proof/postage receipt.) Even if you phone EE you will basically be told there is nothing they can do and that texts are pretty much automated. The only option I was given was for ME to have to phone Likewize MYSELF! I found this to be terrible customer service and thought in fact EE should have been the ones to phone Likewize and at least attempt to rectify this situation for ME (the customer!) I phoned Likewize to which they confirmed they had received my old phone back and there was an issue on the system which led to me continuing to receive texts chasing the old phone. As frustrating as this was, at least now hopefully the texts would stop! WRONG! Today I get another text from EE to say they haven’t received my phone and a charge of £495 will be added to my account! Again, I phone customer services and an advisor tells me, she has emailed the relevant teams to hopefully stop this, however, texts are automated so there is nothing more she can do to stop them! 

I have never really had any issues with EE up until now! How can a (tech) company as big as EE be unable to stop an automated text from being sent out surely they ‘tick a box’ to have the text sent so why can’t they ‘untick it’ again to stop them! Also referring back to something I mentioned earlier, how can EE advise that customers have to phone Likewize themselves to sort this issue that has been cause between EE and Likewize, surely that should be on you to support and help the customer! 

Having been told again that there is basically nothing can be done to stop the texts, I will be looking to email, text and call EE every day going forward and there will nothing I can do to stop that happening as it will be automated. Also there will be a cost of (whatever my bill is each month) for me to complete this process. See how soon they stop the texts then!

R.M.O
10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @10yearsEEcustom 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I'm glad to hear that the person you spoke to has emailed someone to try and resolve this breakdown in communication. Hopefully that will help fix this soon for you, and in turn stop those messages.

Please keep us posted here on what happens.

Chris

Ben366
Investigator
Investigator

I 100% agree with you this, I do find EE providing this benefit is an absolute disgrace (with me being vulnerable and autistic). I really do with that EE would stop sending these text messages as it does cause stress.

@Ben366  . If you have the same issue as the OP you don’t say you just say 100% agree with you without saying what your actual issue is,  but still I say this.

Regardless of EE receiving your traded in device until that trade in has been processed you’ll get texts about it.   A confirmation of delivery isn’t a confirmation of the device bring processed t’s just a delivery has taken place.  You see the difference there.  ?  

I understand where you are coming from, but is that handy to have anyway. But the annoying thing is I done upgrade regarding this a few weeks back but I cancelled it, then I still keep getting text messages saying that I quote "You still need to send the device back otherwise there will be a charge". So thats what I am saying is it worth having that benefit at all.

Leanne_T

Hi @Ben366 

I am sorry to hear you are receiving these messages after cancelling the upgrade. 

To get the texts stopped please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne_T

I am so angry regarding this im trying to take this anytime upgrade benefit away, but they are now telling me that i need to pay £1,010 to upgrade.

Ben 

Katie_B

Hello @Ben366

Are you looking to process an anytime upgrade?

How long into your current contract are you?

Do you wish to keep your current device?

Katie

Hello @Katie_B

I don't want the anytime upgrade anymore, I started the contact November 2023. Yes I do encase anything goes wrong with the new one. I have only just come out oh hospital because I had a bad seizure over this.

Ben

Katie_B

I am sorry to hear this @Ben366

If you wish to process a standard upgrade for a contract that begun in November 2023 our upgrades team are right, a fee would apply. 

Katie