cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT sports on Discovery+ app. Poor quality

MLOW07
Investigator
Investigator

I watch via an Apple TV box with the app installed and the quality on the discovery app is rubbish compared to the BT sport app. Both are streaming the same TNT broadcast of today's game (Everton v Sheff utd) and the discovery one keeps going fuzzy. Switched over to the bt sport app on the same device and it is perfect quality so nothing to do with my Internet or the device. Anyone else got the same or know where to raise this?

23 REPLIES 23
Shimceltic
Explorer

I'm on firestick 4k and since switching the picture isn't smooth and it looks barely HD and no hdr either. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MLOW07 

Welcome to the community.

I've just tested on my Firestick and it took a couple of seconds to settle, then the quality was really good. Is this the same on all channels for you?

Chris

Shimceltic
Explorer

All the channels on the app are poor quality, a massive step backwards from bt sport app

AliAljoubory
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. Also using Apple TV 4K box and the quality ever since switching over from the BT Sport app to Discovery+ is utterly awful. What’s even worse is the UHD stream on some of the UCL games through TNT Sports is actually worse than the base channels (the ball glitches through the screen almost like it’s playing with 10fps!).

Absolutely astonishing how bad this has become. And the thing is Discovery+ has always had some of the best quality streaming when using Eurosport, it’s just TNT Sports. 

Sort this out EE. 

EE really needs to sort this out.

@davoee   Why do EE need to sort this out it’s not an EE app.  

I’ve just started up the  Discovery plus app and  selected the Bayern Munich, Manchester game and it’s perfect.      

Are you watching on Apple TV? My mate has literally just reverted to an illegal stream as the quality was so bad.

As EE customers we sign up to this as a supposed perk of our contract with EE , so EE have a duty to ensure it works better than it has been lately.

Poor.

Azza12
Investigator
Investigator

I'm experiencing the same issue. Using an Apple TV 4K box with discovery+ app, all TNT Sport channels are clearly in 1080p. Can't find TNT Sports Ultimate channel anywhere or an option to watch any of the main live events in 4K. Really disappointed as when I took out this new deal I was told over the phone continuously that the service would work exactly the same as the BT Sport add-on and that it was just a name change. 

I was experiencing all of the above, turned off frame rate sync in apple settings, and it’s seems all good now.  Maybe coincidence, but worth a shot….