cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple music inclusive extra - No subscription through mobile network provider

ireshpatel
Investigator
Investigator

I have 2 mobile phones on pay monthly sim contract with EE.

The first sim was purchased in 2017 with an Apple Music subscription. (Which is working fine with one Apple ID)the second pay monthly sim i purchased on 20th November 2023 as an additional line under the same account with Apple Music inclusive of extra which can not find an Apple Music subscription through the mobile network (I am using this new sim on a different iPhone and  new Apple ID)

On the new sim, I tried activating Apple Music using the provided link via EE, but I got an error message saying, "No subscription through mobile network provider." I contacted EE customer service, and the advisor tried everything from their end but was unable to fix the issue. They suggested that I contact Apple. After spending nearly 2 hours on the phone with Apple customer service, they informed me that I have two Apple Music subscriptions on my account. The first one is active with the sim purchased in 2017, and the second one is not active. However, EE added both subscriptions under the same number and Apple ID. I need to ask EE to activate the subscription on my new number with the second Apple ID

Now I tried explaining this to an EE customer service advisor, but I had no luck. 

Can anyone help me fix this issue, please?

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ireshpatel,

Can you see the Apple Music subscription in the add-ons section of the EE app for the second number?

It shouldn't be possible to activate the subscription twice on the same number. 

The Apple ID side of things is set up when you activate your subscription on your phone. Could you have been logged in to your original Apple ID during setup?

James

Hi @James_B 

I can see that the Apple Music subscription has been added as an inclusive extra in the add-ons section for both my old and the new SIM cards. However, when I clicked on the link provided by EE to get started with Apple Music, I received a message stating that there was no subscription through my mobile network provider and I was asked to pay £10.99. I have already explained in my previous communication that after speaking to an Apple customer service advisor they said they can see there are two Apple Music subscriptions under my first SIM and my first Apple ID. However, I'm still experiencing difficulties accessing my subscription through my mobile network provider. 

James_B

Hi @ireshpatel,

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care to see if removing the add-on and reapplying it resolves the issue.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

ireshpatel
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B 

It seems that EE is blaming Apple for the issue, while an Apple customer service advisor is stating that it was EE who failed to add Apple Music to the correct account. At this point, my only option is to leave EE, as I don’t want to miss the 14-day cancellation deadline and get locked into a 24-month contract.

James_B

Did you try removing the add-on and reapplying it @ireshpatel?

James

@James_B 

EE’s customer service advisor did try a couple of times, I have done a network reset by restarting phone but it didn’t work and from my EE account changing inclusive extras is only allowed once every 30 days.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @ireshpatel 

I recommend continuing to discuss this with our Mobile Care team, hopefully they can find a fix to this for you.

Chris