cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music Inclusive Extra Has Never Worked

Ditzy5912
Explorer

Hi, I have Apple Music as an inclusive extra but I have never managed to get it working.

When I click the link to set it up in the text message from 150 I get the following message

"No subscription through mobile network provider..find out if you are eligible to try apple music for free"...if I click continue it says validating and then I arrive at apple music app saying I can get 1 month free, if I exit the 1 month free pop up and check my apple music profile it gives me an option to join apple music.

Apple music shows as my chosen inclusive extra in myee 

23 REPLIES 23
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ditzy5912,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That message indicates that Apple Music isn't active on your EE account.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

Thanks

James

Yellow-Banana
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same problem.

I received a text message saying to visit applemusic.com/ee/welcome to get started. My phone is a Google Pixel 6 Pro (Android phone) and clicking on that link takes me to an Apple Music web page but it doesn't do anything to get me started with the Inclusive Extra I've chosen.

I also have an iPad Air, so I visited that address on the iPad Air and got the message  - "No subscription through mobile network provider".

How I am supposed to activate this? Do you assume that anyone who chooses Apple Music has an iPhone?

Thanks,

David.

Christopher_G

Hi @Yellow-Banana 

Welcome to the community.

Do you have the Apple Music app on your phone?
Chris

I didn't have the Apple Music app on my phone, in fact, I didn't realise it was available for Android. So I installed it and then clicked the link in the text message again. The Apple Music app opened and then I got this message along with a spinning circle:

Contacting EE and validating your Apple Music subscription...

It has been like this for 5 minutes now.

After 10 minutes, I gave up and closed the Apple Music app. Then I clicked on the link again and this time I was prompted to enter my Apple ID and password, followed by a text message with a code to enter. Then I got to a screen that says:

Your plan includes Apple Music.

So I pressed Continue, and now I am in.

I then went back to my iPad Air and Apple Music is working there too now.

Thanks for your help.

I just noticed that on the iPad Air, if I look under Account -> Manage Subscription, it says:

You are in a 7-day free preview.

To keep listening past your 7-day preview, subscribe for £4.99 per month and get one month free.

Is this right?

Christopher_G

Hi @Yellow-Banana 

Did you enter the code that EE provided to you?

Chris

What code? I was not sent a code, I was only sent a text message with that link to applemusic.com/ee/welcome. Just now, I tried forwarding the text message via email so that I could open it on my iPad Air, but when I clicked the link on the iPad Air, Apple Music opened and I got the message I mentioned in my first post yesterday:

No subscription through mobile network provider.

So how can I use my Apple Music Inclusive Extra on my iPad Air? This is where I want to use it so that I can use AirPlay to stream to my Hi-Fi.

David.

To see if there were any hidden query parameters in that link, I used Copy link address from my Gmail window and then pasted it into a text editor. It does not contain any information other than the link URL itself. So it seems to me that Apple Music somehow checks the carrier information on the phone to verify that I have a subscription. But how can that work on my iPad Air, where I want to use it?

I expected Apple Music to be connected to my Apple ID so that once activated on my phone, it would work on my iPad Air.