Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music Benefit not activating

Martybfly
Investigator
Investigator

HI, 

I've just upgraded to the full works sim plan and I've been 3 days trying to activate my apple music benefit, however the link that has been sent just takes me straight to the app and doesn't actually activate anything with apple to let them know I have this free plan, all the link does it open apple music and then doesn't do anything, I called up and they did a network refresh, this hasn't worked, I have made a new apple account just incase something on my old account was stopping it, nothing, I don't get an error or anything, just nothing happens at all when I click it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay so the solution was simple, but it took me having to call ee 4 times and apple twice for the 4th contact to ee to simply remove the benefit and add it on again. Not sure why no one else offered that solution first before it got this far, I'm happy it's working now though, but kinda annoyed that wasn't the first port of call...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Martybfly 

Welcome to the community.

Is the Apple benefit activated in your My EE account?

Chris

Yes, it's showing on the my EE app and I got the message 'Hi from EE. Apple Music has been added to your account as an Inclusive Extra. Please visit applemusic.com/ee/welcome to get started. Thanks.' Pressing that visit link doesn't work

Dode_
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried copying the link into the address bar?

Just tried that on 3 different devices, my Samsung fold 3, my Samsung tablet and on my computer, same issue, has the sign in top right, so I sign in, and then nothing happens no prompt popping up in pertaining to the ee benefit, just been on the phone to apple to see if its something on their end and they cannot see why this isn't working either, they only know of one issue which is the already subscribed issue, but that isn't what I have, I don't have any pop up at all with the link. The link I'm following is applemusic.com/ee/welcome .

Leanne_T

Hi @Martybfly 

What happens if you log in and try and access music? 

Leanne.

Nick821
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you’ve previously used Apple Music free for 6 months then upgrade with another free 6 months you can’t use it again so the offer is pointless 

Okay so the solution was simple, but it took me having to call ee 4 times and apple twice for the 4th contact to ee to simply remove the benefit and add it on again. Not sure why no one else offered that solution first before it got this far, I'm happy it's working now though, but kinda annoyed that wasn't the first port of call...

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know, I am sorry this was not tried previously for you @Martybfly 

Glad to hear this is resolved for you. 

Leanne.

Oh no, I was having the same problem so removed the benefit and now it says I have to pay for it and isn’t offering me the 6 months free anymore.