cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jibe RCS spam

Steph1807
Visitor

Hi 

i keep receiving text messages from JibeRCS with messenger verification codes I have not requested. 

Each time I delete the message and block the number but they keep coming and are clearly spam. 

How do I stop this ?

Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kobby101,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you still have your old Android phone? If you do, please put your SIM back in and turn off 'chat features' in your messaging app's settings.

Thanks

James

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can turn off chat without an Android phone now, see...

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat 

Thanks! Been able to turn off chat features without putting the SIM back in
my old phone
James_B

Thanks for sharing that great tip @chistery 🙂

James

My wife's phone has been getting these msgs (JibeRCS verification codes) for months now. This solution (via Google website) does not work for her. After getting the verification code, it gets an error saying " cannot turn off chat for this device, contact the carrier" Her phone (Samsung A5) does not have "chat settings" under the message app either. So it seems "chat" features are not turned on for her phone yet these msgs continue. So if anyone has a better idea or EE have found the issue please let us know. Cheers Dave

Goldwin
Visitor

I have noticed the same thing and it got my back up a bit. The net is coming up with slightly varying reasons for it but worryingly there is an indication that if you open the link it redirects you to a different site that wants you to download a link which then sends you malicious code to your device. If so then that's a blatant liberty. Be on gaurd.p.s not sure what sort of code it would be because I'm very suspicious about being told I've done something when I know exactly what I've done and won't be touching any links from random sources.

Leanne_T

Hi @Goldwin

Thanks for coming to the community. 

What device are you using? 

What did the message say that you have received? 

Leanne 🙂

I don’t have an android and never owned one either. I keep getting the same text messages. 

It is clearly a spam. 

If it’s the company android use ? Why have I received them on my iPhone ??? Bloody annoying??? …

Christopher_G

Hi @Ddshaggy 

Welcome to the community.

If you have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to check your bill and see if they can find any more information on what the charges are for you.

Chris