cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full works plan in the USA

amesanders
Investigator
Investigator

Just a warning to anyone thinking of the Full works plan at 119GBP per month.

Generally good if you are in the UK/EU.

However I travel to the USA a lot and the roaming in the USA has not worked for 3 months. 2 plus months of wrangling with the helpdesk, CS and ombudsman. No refund for loss of service.

Thus paying a large amount of money for a phone you cannot use.

Consider a basic plan with add-on. Thus if you have  problems you stand a better chance of getting the add-on cost refunded. 

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@amesanders : Does your Full Works plan include the Roam Abroad Pass?

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c. Having roaming activated on your EE a/c, not just on your device, is crucial to using your contract SIM abroad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@amesanders  providing you’ve got the roam abroad pass then you’ll covered to use it in the USA.  The roam abroad pass is for the EU, USA, Canada, Mexico,Australia and New Zealand. You also need to make sure you have roaming enabled  outside of the EU.    if you’re Roaming is only enabled for EU usage it'll not work in the US.       

But did you try a manual network search?  Did you try turning the device off/on ? 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There are some specific requirements for US-roaming, which are quite different from any billing add-on problems you may have had.

The US networks require VoLTE (the tech underpinning 4G-calling) for voice calls, this is not currently an issue with any other country.

Billing add-ons, and the FOC roaming facility, are two different aspects to roaming.

There was no need to activate roaming. As mentioned I have the full works plan with the USA and 4 other countries  included. I spent 2 months with the help desk. The issue is with T-mobile and other US networks. Incompatible with EE. Tried everything, EE stated the fault was outside EE's control thus - tough luck - T&C's state no refund. Now locked into a contract that i cannot use 60% of the time.

I did all of the above and EE did a full investigation of the US networks - no resolution and no refund. Ombudsman agreed also due to T&C's - Beware.

I had the full USA plan from EE. does not work and EE cannot find the issue with the US networks all are at fault. 3 months and counting.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amesanders,

Even if you're subscribed to the Roam Abroad Pass, you'll still need to have worldwide roaming activated on your EE account to enable the use of your inclusive allowances.

EE customers can roam in the US, but will need a 4G Calling (VoLTE) compatible phone due to the 3G shutdown across the country.

James

The Full Works plan, or any other plan, does not include the free roaming ability. You have to enable it yourself. All the Full Works plan includes is a billing add-on.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@amesanders   Having roaming enabled on your EE account allows your device connect to a roaming network.   Add ons just keep costs down they don’t allow a roaming connection no wonder your device didn’t connect to a roaming network.