cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE wont work abroad in any country

NealThomas
Investigator
Investigator

I took up a contract with an iphone with EE.
within 2 months i traveled to NewYork and the phone wouldn't work on the roaming bundle. I spent hours of wasted times in cafes/hotels using wifi contacting EE to fix the issue. Many reassurances from EE that the phone and roaming settings and bundles I bought were correct, the phone wouldnt not work. EE couldnt sort it but when I was back in the UK they promised it would work next time.

The same happened in Greece, Germany, France and Morocco (different bundle needed in Morocco). You need your phone working to get you to meetings/hotels/work etc. Its not good enough for a large company to let this happen and not help.

On all of these trips, friends and colleagues that I have been with all had perfectly working phones, and often iphones on EE. so the countries phone signals were fine and it was clearly EE's settings and iphone that were to blame each time.

I have spent days calling/emailing/whatsapping EE and they just cant/wont help.

I finally asked them to just release me from my 36 month contract as its failing. I said i would pay for the iphone and could they stop the monthly charges. the answer 'NO'. So i am stuck with a phone/contract that wont work abroad for the next 22months and I have 6 abroad business trips organised this year already.

Dont use EE if you need a working phone abroad.

EE will reply to this stating they cant confirm or guarantee if a foreign countries signal will work.......however all of my friends/colleagues/family have had no issue on their vodaphone/iphones or three or gifgaf etc. So it is EEs fault and they wont help.

23 REPLIES 23
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NealThomas,

I think the best way forward would be to get in touch on 150 so the team can complete a thorough review of your account.

They'll be able to make sure your account transfer was completed correctly and that there are no international calling bars on your account.

James

Thanks James.

I think they have tried it quite a few times. Is there anything glaringly specific I should ask them to try?

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NealThomas,

The symptoms you describe - can receive calls but can't make them - seems to point to an international call barring issue.

James

Thanks
I’ll message them and see what they say.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>