cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doe EE lie about mobile coverage?

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Why does EE feel the need to lie about their network coverage? I have lived at the same address for 30+ years and have never got a signal. Use to use the EE 'booster' box which was brilliant until 3G was abandoned last year. I was forced to upgrade phone to get WiFi calling which is fine, but I'm under pressure to accept, 'digital voice' on landline, which means on power outages, I will have no means of contact with the outside world.

On entering my postcode, the EE checker promises 'Excellent Coverage' - I don't even get one bar!

In the last 3 weeks alone, I don't get any EE coverage at my Dentist, Doctor, various shops, or Podiatrist - all locations that would be handy for me to be connected to idly surf as I'm waiting for various appointments. Others I know also can't get EE coverage so it's not a device issue...

I realise that for marketing purposes, they quote 99% coverage even though it's about 86% coverage by geographical purposes.

With pressure on abandoning copper analogue landlines, this lack of mobile signal will become intolerable.

Anyone aware of a lobby/pressure group to join and get EE to give honest coverage, not make believe?

UNTRUE coverage

Make believe coverageMake believe coverage

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @stephen5000 

Coverage is a guide not a guarantee. There are hundreds of different issues which can impact signal from the weather to the building/s to your device and the radio it uses. 

What device do you have and what tariff are you on. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am on a pay monthly contract SIM only. My phone is a CAT S52 running Android 10. Weather has been quite changeable over the last few decades but none has allowed a mobile signal LOL There are no new buildings that would effect signal either. I know the 'checker' is a guide, but when a guide suggests 'Excellent Coverage', and you get nothing, surely someone in charge of the software has screwed up...

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

How localised is this issue? The online coverage maps are a best guess, broadly accurate but don't go the same granularity or detail as internal mapping. If you'd be comfortable with detailing the location, I'd be curious to check against other toolsets. Happy to have this by PM if you'd rather.

I don't see what any MNO would have to gain from intentionally misleading.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

For the benefit of the public thread, the OP here has provided me with the location details - there is something that looks to me a little unusual in this location, and I'll advise them specifically by response of PM.