cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal suddenly reduced in house

sophiecandlin
Investigator
Investigator

I have been with EE for years and never had an issue. However for the last 6 weeks, every call I have has really poor signal. I know it is at my end as it is happening with various callers using different networks. I have been using the same phone for nearly a year (Motorola Edge 40) so no change there. I don't want to rely on WiFi calling given that I'm paying for an EE service.

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@sophiecandlin wrote:

I don't want to rely on WiFi calling given that I'm paying for an EE service.

WiFi-calling is part of EE's service.

No network will ever guarantee 100% national indoor coverage, and WiFi-calling is an excellent way to provide indoor coverage anytime mobile coverage doesn't do so for whatever reason.

sophiecandlin
Investigator
Investigator

I tried WiFi calling last week and again had feedback from callers that it was dropping in and out. My broadband coverage (BT) is excellent throughout all areas of my house, so surely WiFi calling should work fine. Previously my service from EE was great, so I can't understand why it would now be so poor. I have checked service status for the area and there are no problems. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi-calling is normally configured to only kick-in when mobile coverage is deemed unusable, I suspect yours is borderline and thus your phone is handing between mobile & WiFi - causing quality issues.

There's two ways to test this theory and prove your wireless reliability.

1: Some Android phones have an option to set "mobile preferred" or "WiFi-preferred" for WiFi-calls.

2: If not, enable flight mode on your phone to disable all radios. Then enable WiFi alone. Test the quality with zero-mobile coverage enforced.

thanks I will give that a go! Just trying to figure out if the issue is handset or network related.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sophiecandlin 

Does the same happen in other areas? 

Is anyone else on EE experiencing problems? 

Leanne 🙂

It just seems to be in my house, outside and in other buildings I don't have any issues. No one else is on EE unfortunately so I can't check. It's always been absolutely fine, just something has changed in the last 6 weeks or so?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @sophiecandlin 

If you enter your postcode on the Coverage Checker and select 'Check service status'? This will show any known problems in the area, if nothing shows you can report this to our network team.

Leanne.