New Customer to EE

Unsure1
Visitor

Hello,

Sorry to be a burden but not that well so find it hard to get to the point so please don't troll me.

I am making the switch to BT and need a new simple phone but the network is EE and where I live the only service that seems to work is 02 and EE is only one bar if that so is there a way round it?

Can anyone recommend an unlocked phone nothing fancy or expensive just mainly to use very occasionally and thanks for taking the time to read my epic post.

2 REPLIES 2
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Note that most EE Mobiles are supplied unlocked already, and some are always unlocked.

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/unlock-device/unlock-an-ee-device-to-use-with-another-networ...

If you want to go with EE, then you have the option of sim only, pay as you go or pay monthly, all depends on your price range.

https://ee.co.uk/mobile

Obviously here we can only post outside links for EE and not any other mobile provider.

However, if you simply wanted a basic pay as you go phone, then you best just buying a second hand unlocked mobile phone that is good enough for your actual needs here.

Then simply getting a sim card, either from 02 or EE, or another sim only provider like 1p Mobile for example, although they use the EE network.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

@infinitywaiter wrote:

Note that most EE Mobiles are supplied unlocked already, and some are always unlocked.

All mobile devices sold by any network today are sold unlocked by dictat of Ofcom.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)