cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it just me or is ee phone signal poor

Pyromanic
Investigator
Investigator

I've noticed a huge degredation in network coverage in the past few months.  The network civerahe checker indicates I should get excellent coverage at home, but I currently get 1 bar, and sometimes that drops out!  I travel around the country a lot and have never previously experienced such poor signal on EE.  I don't know what EE have been doung to the network, but the signal has significantly reduced virtually everywhere I've travelled.  Been a customer for over 18 years but now find EE network to be so poor, I'll be going elsewhere unless this gets sorted soon.

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @Pyromanic 🙂

If you select the check status option in the coverage checker, are any problems reported in your area?

James

Pyromanic
Investigator
Investigator

No known problems.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

A few interesting observations here.

Firstly onscreen signal bars are only a rough indicator and not the be-all of of service - also less onscreen bars can sometimes mean higher-band carriers which will give ultimately better service. Are you having any issues using your phone for calls, texts or mobile data?

Secondly is this a recent issue, in other words are you observing a noticeable degradation in reliability in a particular area?

Several months ago I would have agreed with many of your sentiments based on direct experiences - but following a device change, it's become apparent a phone fault was behind many of them. Do other EE users have the same issues in the same areas as yourself?

Whilst I appreciate the limitations of the on-screen display of signal strength/quality, the issue is often accompanied by a lack of data connection, call drop-out etc.

The problem has been ongoing for a couple of months and appears to be general across the network at numerous locations.  Coverage appears to be patchy at best and in areas where network signal was once strong and being indicated at 4 bars, it's now down to 2 or even 1.

I also appreciate that a faulty modile device could present the issue identified, however, my wife also uses EE with a different phone model, and also experiences issues.  The conversation is frequently one of "not being able to connect to the internet, or missed calls" whilst friends on other networks have no such problems.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pyromanic 

If tis is happening in more than one location and device, please call us on 150 and our tech guides can get the areas looked into for you and provide further information. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.