No Service

Dilys123
Investigator
Investigator

Please help! 

my phone was lost and I got a replacement sim. I have spoken to EE who say the sim is active, but I have no service and I am unable to add my number to receive iMessages or calls etc. I have tried removing the sim, updating the phone, airplane mode and nothing is making a difference. It has been 14 hours since I put in the new sim and EE confirmed it was active. 

11 REPLIES 11
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does EE show if you perform a manual network search? Do you have this problem in multiple locations?

Hi! Yes it shows if I search manually but it never connects to it. 

I have only tried 1 location, is it worth taking the phone out of the house and trying to see if it connects outside maybe? I did perform a check to see if there were network issues in my area and it said excellent. 

Just to add changing location has made no difference either 😞 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dilys123,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

SIM activations can take up to 24 hours, although it's usually much quicker.

Is WiFi Calling working?

James

Hi James ! 

I don’t believe Wi-Fi calling is working … I need to verify my number but cannot receive texts to do this. 

it is still saying no service and I am only able to receive iMessages to my email address. 

is there anything else i can try or need to make sure is on so the sim can activate please? 

thank you! 

@Dilys123  is this other phone network unlocked? 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi-calling requires a connection to EE's core network in the exact same way a mobile-based call does.

Which phone network sorry? The replacement phone? I did reset iPhone on it if this is what you mean.

thank you!

Just to add in the network section of my settings it says ‘SIM not provisioned’