Internet access

lyndalupin
Investigator
Investigator

I keep getting a message saying no Internet access whenever I'm out. Never been a problem till recently. Use a few parking apps and each time I go to use one I'm given this message. What can I do? 

23 REPLIES 23
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Can you be specific on what you mean by "recently"? Where, roughly in the UK, are you?

Are you able to use other internet-based functions on your phone when this happens?

lyndalupin
Investigator
Investigator

It's been in the last month. I live in Essex. To be honest I haven't tried getting any other internet based functions while I've been out.  I know there isn't a problem with the actual Apps as they work at home.  I don't do email on my phone but I do WhatsApp so will try sending a message while I'm out today. Thank you for trying to help

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lyndalupin 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have signal showing when you get this message? 

Do you data remaining from your allowance? 

Leanne. 

lyndalupin
Investigator
Investigator

I know I have enough data and I have no problem getting the parking aps from home because I have started to use the pre-booking system due to having this problem when I'm out.  Sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology - what signal and where do I look for it? All  I get is a red message on the screen saying No Internet Access. Thank you for trying to help

Leanne_T

No problem @lyndalupin 

Which phone are you using? 

Leanne.

lyndalupin
Investigator
Investigator

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G

Leanne_T

Thanks @lyndalupin 

If you go into Settings then Apps, select the parking apps are they set up to use mobile data? 

Leanne.

lyndalupin
Investigator
Investigator

under Mobile data it's got No data used. Also the Remove permissions if app is unused is on? not sure if that makes any difference

Leanne_T

Thanks @lyndalupin 

Can you try using other apps when you are away from home and not connected to WiFi this will help us know if this is affecting all data usage? 

Leanne.