cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Thurnscoe

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 10 May 2024

Our engineers have installed the power supply at the site and we have been working with the fibre provider to agree a date to install the transmission needed for the new mast. We have experienced a slight delay arranging a date to access the area and expect the transmission to be installed by the middle of June. Barring any further unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on-air by the beginning of July.

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 04 March 2024

Over the past month, our engineers have been working with the site provider to access the area and install a power supply at the site, which we expect to be installed by the middle of March. We have been working with the fibre provider to agree a date to install the transmission needed for the new mast, and have arranged to access the area and complete the work needed by the end of May. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on-air by the middle of June.

Update: 19 January 2024

Over the past few months, our engineers have been in negotiations with the fibre provider to agree a date they can access the area to install the transmission. Negotiations are ongoing and, once we have a date from the fibre provider and the transmission has been installed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

Update: 12 October 2023

Over the past few weeks our engineers have completed building the equipment needed for the new mast. We are working with the fibre provider to arrange a date to install the transmission needed to integrate the mast onto the network. Once we have a date for the transmission to be completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 15 September 2023

Over the past month our engineers have started building the equipment needed for the new mast and expect the build to be completed by the end of October. We have requested the transmission for the new mast from the fibre provider to integrate the mast onto the network. Once we have a date for the transmission to be completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 07 August 2023

Our engineers are completing the final steps to start building the equipment for the new mast. Due to logistical issues with the deployment of the new site, we will be required to use an alternative transmission than originally planned to integrate the mast onto the network. Once the equipment has been built, our engineers can request the transmission needed for the new mast from the fibre provider and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 20 July 2023

Over the past few weeks, the revised drawings have been approved by the site provider and our engineers can start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Due to circumstances out of our control, we have experienced a slight delay starting the build but, barring any further unforeseen delays, we expect this to be completed and the mast to be on-air by the middle of September.

Update: 22 June 2023

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have been requested to revise the drawings for the build. Pending a positive outcome from the revised drawings, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Pending a positive outcome from the revised drawings, we expect to start building the equipment needed for the mast by early August, Once the equipment has been built, we can start integrating the mast onto the network and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Thurnscoe area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in May 2023, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed, and we have located a new area. We have completed the required designs and surveys to make sure the land will be suitable for the equipment, and our engineers have started to build the equipment needed for the new mast. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the build to be completed by the end of June. Once the equipment has been built, we can start integrating the mast onto the network and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article.

40 REPLIES 40

@Do18 wrote:

Hi Leanne 

it’s now been two months since we have had a update on the mast it has been built

Without knowing the specifics of this case, I'm assuming you mean the tower structure has been built, but the active equipment is not in-situ as yet. That seems to fit with the current update on the main post.

Hi Chris,

Absolutely appreciate our T&C’s as customers, and fully understand that any landlord can serve a notice to quit at any time.  This is a huge issue for BT as they then need to do coverage checks to work out new sites, acquisition of a new site, planning & design, build, test, deploy etc… I know this can take as long as 2 years in all, so this is a fairly quick build unless this is just a temp site. The issue here is the lack of meaningful updates that we as customers are getting, we all love a moan but some simple informative updates, with some guideline timescales would be really helpful.  I am more than aware of how long fibre can take to deliver, way-leaves, duct issues, protected animals nesting and road closures but some regular contact shouldn’t be an issue for a company such as BT.  I believed the new adds are all about keeping the customer centric.  Do we believe that the same level of CS would be applied to a more affluent area, where an MP or head of press lived?  This is just about comms and keeping us as customers in the picture.

Profile closed
Not applicable

I live in this area and my contracts are all with Ee I’ve tried for several months to contact about this issue as WiFi calling is not working on my phones so can not receive or make call while in my home and I have had no luck at all with any kind of response or update 

@Profile closed wrote:

I’ve tried for several months to contact about this issue as WiFi calling is not working on my phones

I suggest starting a new individual post explaining your specific issues and detailing what you've tried.

There's a good chance there may be some help can be offered, separate to this main thread.

Agreed I’m going to call them tomorrow and ask why there’s no up date, I used to work for the company and so disappointed ☹️ they are not giving updates, thanks for your response 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for posting. 

The main post has been updated with the latest information and can be found here Coverage in Thurnscoe - The EE Community

If you are affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our mobile care team to discuss your options. 

Leanne.

Hans-C-Anderson
Investigator
Investigator

The latest responce is pretty much the same in different words as we ve been going on with

It been nearly a year,with promised and failed speculation dates multiple times...

Talking about when this might be done and further dangling the carrot,It's just not hood enough.

I'll say it again, It's been nearly a year.

Can someone make some pro active calls and find out facts,along with if not,why not specify reasons what negotiations, and what's getting in the way, assign new managers.. do what you need to do because what we're doing here so far... it's just isn't working.

A year later... it's just not good enough 

Hans-C-Anderson
Investigator
Investigator

Are we still on target for June?

It's been 15 months... beyond ridiculous tbh

Tech support said they would no longer honer the bill rebate as i have renewed the contract mid problem knowing there was a issue with signal.

The date keeps shifting and dragged on and on.. I renewed based on expecting the coverage sorted out.. then the date keeps moving further on again.

False promises and lost hope

EE... just sort this out please

15 months.. couldn't make it up

Go-live dates for new sites are always targets and never guaranteed - this applies equally to new coverage & replacement sites. Targets are set with the best of intentions, and aren't deliberately delayed.

Not sure they can stop honouring the discount. Try trading standards as you are paying for a service you are not receiving. You may have resigned but with the constant promise of returned coverage Ofcom I’m sure would listen as would trading standards.

Kind Regards

Katy