cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage for 20K Event

Cuckoofair
Explorer

Hi we organise an event (county fair) which has about 20,000 attendees.  The visitors and stall holders regularly have issues with EE (and 3) networks.  It usually goes down whereas Vodafone (and O2) remain up.  The post code for the centre of the fair is SP5 3NB, Downton, Wiltshire.  It is held on one day only - see https://cuckoofair.co.uk for details.

This year the network service stopped at around 0830 but there were only about 250 stall holders setting up then so I assume the network should be able to handle that.

Can your network performance be improved or do we have t tell all stall holders to switch to Vodafone / O2?

I saw @Leanne_T  provided advice before.

There's a second point in that apparently there's only mast for the village however, there's been extensive house building on the edge of the village and it looks like they have no coverage.

8 REPLIES 8
Cuckoofair
Explorer

Hi the details for the second issue - the address is batchelor way,  SP5 3FS.

According to your coverage checker this new;y built housing estate and the one to the north of it can only use 4G and 5G outdoors.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Cuckoofair

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Are you aware if this problem only occurs when the event is held and there is high volume of traffic?

Katie

Hi @Katie_B 

Hi if you are referring to the houses West of the A338 the drop in coverage is from your OWN coverage checker.  and apparently they are about to build another 100 houses there.

T

bristolian
Legend
Legend

High data usage should only cause a slowdown in data speeds, not  loss of coverage.

4G on that serving site comes from a single B3 & additional B20 carrier - the B3 service should be plenty sufficient for normal use, but if you're on the edge of that service and reliant on the "extended range" B20 800Mhz coverage, then data speeds will be very limited if there's any significant load.

Are these issues only apprent when there's an event on in the area?

Katie_B

Hi @pacman27

Thanks for letting me know this reflects on our coverage checker. 

I am interested to know if the issue seems to worsen on the day of the event. 

The coverage checker for the post code provided shows 4G out doors. 

Katie 🙂

Hi if you let me know where the single mast is I can tell you the distances to the fair locations.

OR

Have a look at our google map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1nwLKdYzrgoF_JB6fV_o2sy8S80E&ll=50.993390239448644%2C-1.754...  

pacman27
Investigator
Investigator

Hi for info I'm not sure how this happened but cuckoofair and pacman27 are both from me!

Katie_B

Hi @pacman27.

Do these issues only appear during the time of the event?

Katie