cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data doesn't work after moving from Plusnet (EE) to EE(EE)

shpub
Investigator
Investigator

Both my wife and I are having the same problem - no mobile data despite checking that mobile data is switched on and the APNs are setup. Trying 150 just put me into a loop where I would get texts saying I need to call 150 and round round and round I go. We only switched because Plusnet are shutting down and they used the EE network.  Both are Galaxy S8+ worked fine before EE.

My wife has been waiting for an account pass code for hours despite 4 resends. This is just really unacceptable. I have never had these issues before. As I said I got mine but the 150 service just goes round in circles.  Call 150... we'll send you a text.... text says call 150... and repeat. Tried several external APN site setups, Tried the EE APN setup from their page and even the EE configuration setup message service. Nothing changes.  

I am also hacked off with EE telling me they are the best network for the last 10 years... all I can say is cobblers. If this is the best then bring back carrier pigeons. All I want is to use my phone and mobile data!

I will be downloading the contract 14 day cancellation form and requesting the PAC code in preparation. If this is not sorted quickly then goodbye EE - winner of the worst service in the world!

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shpub 

Welcome to the community.

If you follow the options for technical support on 150, you should get through to someone to speak to about this. It may be that your SIM needs to be refreshed or something needs to be activated on your account. 

Hope you're sorted soon.
Chris

shpub
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for replying but I have lost a day of my life trying to get to talk to someone at EE.

All that the 150 system does is waste my time because it keeps sending me a text to call 150.  I had the same problem trying to request a PAC which again kept going in a loop but this time needing to log in. Request PAC .... OK....  Now log in.... Request PAC.... OK now login and so on.  Ended up sending PAC to 65075 and the PAC arrived instantly.  EE have some major issues at the moment. 

My wife has repeatedly tried to get a passcode with no success and like me she is jumping ship but each time she tries to get PAC code from 65075 EE reply with something wrong. 

I have a 1pmobile account/sim which uses EE network, plugged it in and instant data.  That is what I expect to happen. 

The EE customer interface is like the Hotel California - you can check in, but you cannot leave.  Even if EE did sort it out, their customer interface and care is the pits.   A lot of my friends are Plusnet users and will need to switch: I will enjoy making sure they don't choose  EE. 

Guess what?  I've got my PAC code and I'm going. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @shpub. Thank you for the feedback, I'll pass it on to look how this can be improved.

Chris