Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large data usage overnight

Leedsmedic1
Investigator
Investigator

Afternoon

Bit of an odd thing happened which I can't work out.

Recently got a Nothing Phone 1 and loving it. This morning I woke to a message from EE saying I had used all my data. Checking the mobile data usage I do seem to have used over 10gb of data overnight, despite only one app having used >100mb in that time.

The phone was connected to WiFi the whole time.

Any idea what could have caused this? I'm now out of data one day into the bill cycle 😂

2 REPLIES 2
RenTu
Visitor

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me! Connected to WIFI all morning playing Spotify, then when i tried to play Spotify in the car i got a Connect To Network message that said I'd already used up all 15GB of data even though my data should be re-set today (11th June 2023).

I re-started my phone, and that seems to have cleared it all up. I've got wifi off and only Mobile Data on and I'm now able to use the internet and Spotify.

No idea what's happened there! But try re-starting your phone if you haven't tried already (or give it another try now). May be gremlins in an update or something????

It was my data reset day as well.

I've tried restarting the phone but still have no data. Can still use the backup data you get with EE so not the end of the world but don't want it to happen again. Are you sure you aren't just on backup data as well?

It seems odd that both of us with the same reset date had a similar problem.