cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive data usage, not in line with phone

Hbege
Explorer

Hello,

I've recently switched to EE and everything has been good so far, except from yesterday when I got an 80% warning for data. It was at this point I turned data off on my phone.

This morning I got a message at 2am saying I had used 100% of my data.

I checked my phone (data was STILL off) and found the following graph on data usage;

Screenshot_20231215-141807.png

 clearly showing nowhere near ees stated value, as well as clearly showing the point at which I turned data off by the flat line.

I called EE on 150 and the response I got was that the most used app was Reddit and was told I would need to get gifted data from someone else on the plan.

I never had any such data discrepancies when on Plusnet, and am baffled by the 1.6GB used overnight after I switched data off in response to the 80% warning (as shown by the data graph).

Attached also are the messages received 9hrs apart.

Screenshot_20231215-142247.png

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Hbege 

When is your bill date (the day the data renews)? The warnings aren't quite real-time, but as close as we can get to it. It's possible that the data was used before you turned off the mobile data.

Chris

Billing is 25th to 25th, SIM wasn't put in until December 2nd. Never had any discrepancies between plusnets accounting and my phone in 4 years, switch to EE and suddenly I'm using over 200% more data than the phone reports.

If the data was used before I turned it off (IE before the 80% warning), shouldn't I have gotten both warnings at the same time?

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Hbege 

It's difficult to say what has caused this. I can only suggest discussing this with our technical support team again.

Chris

AnnieT7
Visitor

This has happened to. both me and my husband. Never happened before. What on Earth is going in ?

Katie_B

Hi @AnnieT7

Thanks for coming here. 

When you text AL to 150 does it report back that you have no data?

Katie