cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

scott01187
Investigator
Investigator

I have been with BT for over 10 years on the same mobile data package. since I have moved over to EE my usage seems to have increased drastically, without me using anything different? is anyone else having the same issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @scott01187 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

How much data have you used since moving to EE? 

What device are you using? 

Leanne 🙂

scott01187
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I was with BT and had 4GB of data. and on average I used approx 2GB per month. Since coming to EE I am down to less than 1GB and nothing has changed including my iphone13 which I have had for 2 years

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @scott01187 

Your iPhone will show which apps/service are using the most data in your data settings. 

Do you have WiFi assist turned on in your iPhone settings?  This would use data if the WiFi connection drops at anytime. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I always use wifi when at home and nothing has changed except moving over to EE.

I have checked the data settings in apps and apart from social media and emails, it is very limited use. as mentioned this I exactly the same as when with BT but the usage is considerably more. FYI. there are 2 phones linked to my account and both are using much more data1

Mystiqueen
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Maybe your wifi keeps disconnecting and it falls back to using your mobile data. 

@scott01187  you not  the first to report this sort of issue when changing over from BT to EE and I’m sure you’ll not be the last.      It’s not going to be a simple issue to resolve especially if you haven’t changed your routine.    The best cause of action is to try a full device restore to make sure that there is nothing on the device causing a data usage increase.        Do not restore from a backup as you could be putting this issue back on the device. You’ll have to setup as new.    And are both devices iPhones ?   I take a guess and say they are.    

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Apple & Android phones have an in-built data counter which itemises data usage down to individual apps & system functions. Synch the counting period to match your bill cycle, and use this function to monitor two elements.

1: Does the data usage on the phone & your account, roughly match? Some minor variances are to be expected

2: What functions or apps stand out as using more data? This will help with your investigations.