cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV4 fallback doesn't work

Adam_84
Explorer

Hi All

So I have seen a lot of threads on this, but still can't get my EE sim to work in my 4G CPE 3 mobile router on IPV4 only.

My issue is when set to dual stack (IPV4/IPV6) services like Steam, or even things like VPNs don't work. So I followed the steps suggested in other threads, that said I should make a APN of IPV4 only which I did, however once I do that and try to browse to anything I get an a message of APN: Connection failed. When I switch it to dual stack the connection works, but then I still can't access services I want to like steam or my VPN.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adam_84

Welcome to the community.

Hopefully someone with similar equipment will be along shortly to offer you some advice. Otherwise, I would recommend speaking to our technical support team to see if there's anything they can advise.

Chris

VittorioVeneto
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I met same issue here. My device is Huawei E5783-330. With the EE sim (30 Day Essential SIM Unlimited Max) and APN setting IPV4/IPV6, I can't login or even connect to the Steam software on my laptop, but I could still browse the Steam website. When I switch to IPV4 only, my router shows 'Internet disconnected'. The configurations I tried are shown below:

1- If I put EE Sim in my Phone and make my Phone as hotspot, everything works. I could now login Steam on my laptop with download speed around 6-7mb/s.

2-If I put EE Sim in E5783-330 with IPV4 only but use EE 3g Instead of EE 4g+. It still works. But I lose most of my download speed. Only around 1-2 mb/s.

3-If I put Virgin media Sim in E5783-330 with its default APN setting. Everything works.

4-If I put EE Sim in E5783-330 with IPV4/IPV6. I could view most part of the Internet. But I can't connect to game service like Steam or League of Legends.

5-If I put EE Sim in E5783-330 with IPV4 only. It shows 'Internet disconnected'

After the testing and reading so many threads about IPV4, I think it's the EE sim's problem. Are there anyone who knows how to fix this problem? It is really unpleasant to use 3g signal only 😞 . Many thanks in advance !! and apologize for any unclear expression. I am not a native speaker.

James_B

Hi @VittorioVeneto,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to take a look at this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Assuming you are using the correct APN Profile, which if you check should be -

APN Profile Name = EE or Internet
APN = everywhere
User Name = eesecure
Password = secure
Type = IPV4
Authentication = PAP

As a Test only and without using any VPN, set up another APN Profile on the Router as follows -

APN Profile Name = something like TM IPV4 NoPass
APN = general.t-mobile.uk
User Name = leave it blank
Password = leave it blank
Type = IPV4
Authentication = PAP

Save it, set as Default, Reboot the Router, Test and report back your findings.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply! For the APN profile, I double checked, and they are correct. I tried your configuration without using vpn,  it shows 'Profile invalid' and under EE 3g, it is same circumstance.

VittorioVeneto_0-1669326635568.pngVittorioVeneto_1-1669326641552.png

Wish you have a good night and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Chris,

It seems this issue still exist. Do you know how to solve that?

Many thanks and have a nice day!

Hi Chris, didn't realise that I hadn't hit reply!

Tried your setting and had the same result as VittorioVeneto.

And can confirm my original problem still exists when I I use the EE profile. 

Can't wait for this contract to be up, so I can stop paying for it!

Cheers

Leanne_T

Hi @Adam_84 

Please get in touch with our customer care team they will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne. 

Hello! 

Sorry for dragging this open again but I had a ipv4 only profile working for months and recently it has stopped working properly. Would this suggest EE have patched the ability to separate this or anything like that? Upsetting because things were good for a long time and now I'm back to rubbish NAT types.