cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Nano Sim compatibility with Netgear M6 or M6 Pro routers

sar_north
Explorer

Hi - Does anyone know whether the EE Nano sim is compatible with the new Netgear M6 / M6 pro routers (unlocked and with sim card slot) and how best I can validate that before i spend a chunk on the router.

Alternatively, any suggestions for compatible routers?

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

NetGear site confirms it takes nano-SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi - It takes nano sim but does it take EE nano sim. It is not listed in their documentation and I dont want to buy the router and find out that EE is not compatible.

S

Don't see why not!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Dan-V
Investigator
Investigator

I just tried EE nano SIM in Netgear M6 PRO, SIM fits the slot but the router is not able to connect to EE network. Called EE support but they are saying to contact Netgear support as they don't know why doesn't connect to the EE Network.

Router works absolutely fine with Giffgaff SIM.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dan-V 

Does your EE SIM work in a different device?

Chris

Yes, it was on my iPhone 15 Pro Max fine

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Dan-V 

Are the APN settings correct on your router?

Chris

Yes, I have put the ones from your link but still the same.
Also toggle off and on the Domestic Data option, restarted router many times but still not able to connect, continuously searching.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Dan-V 

I can only recommend speaking with our technical support team again, or speak with Netgear directly to see if they can help.
Chris