PeterGr1
Investigator
Investigator

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What about it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
PeterGr1
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently started using the Smart 5G router

even though the signal is excellent, I need to reset the unit at least 3 times per day, as nothing will connect to the internet via the router, until it has been reset.

has anyone any suggestions 

cheers

Peter

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PeterGr1 

Welcome to the community.

Could you pop your postcode into our coverage checker and hit 'check status' please? It'll let you know if we're aware of any problems in your area.

Chris

Hi Christopher 

I’ve done a speed check from my phone, I’m getting between 50/75mbs, plus once I reboot the router everything works ok for a while, so I doubt there a signal issue

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @PeterGr1 

I suggest having a chat with our technical support team so they can look into this further for you.
Keep us updated on what happens please.
Chris

Thanks Christopher 

I’ll definitely give them a call, need to wait until I have an hour or two to spare, sometimes it take absolutely ages to get through to speak to someone 

Florriejones
Visitor

I’ve recently upgraded from the standard terrible eve Wi-Fi to the new 5G smart hub. It’s worked for max 2 days.. it’s now flashing blue and white, can’t connect to Xbox online, and can only use browser for searches the mbps at one point was at 12!! The service we’ve had from ee at full whack £ has been terrible. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Florriejones 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried restarting your router? Please also try popping your postcode into our coverage checker and hitting 'check status', it will let you know if we're aware of any problems in your area.
Chris