cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my IPv4 to IPv6 on a device on my Hub model B625-261

010WILKY010
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone , I’m trying to change my settings from IPv4 to IPv6 for my Xbox in the Hub settings. On the devices page it list the Xboxone with both IPv4 address and IPv6 address but there’s nowhere to switch between either setting . As anyone come across this and are their any changes I’d be able to do in the settings please . 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You cannot change the IPV Settings for individual Devices from your Hub, you would need to to change any settings within each of the Device Settings itself.

What you can do on the Hub (Router) is change the Routers IPV Settings for All of the Devices that connect to it, this should be do able by setting up and saving a New Profile under the Network or Mobile Settings, you should be able to change the IPV to IPV4/6 or Auto or IPV4 Only, its unlikely going to let you set this value to IPV6 Only.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @010WILKY010.

Can you see a Network Settings option in the homepage?

One of our mobile broadband experts mat be able to help with this if not.

Jon

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You cannot change the IPV Settings for individual Devices from your Hub, you would need to to change any settings within each of the Device Settings itself.

What you can do on the Hub (Router) is change the Routers IPV Settings for All of the Devices that connect to it, this should be do able by setting up and saving a New Profile under the Network or Mobile Settings, you should be able to change the IPV to IPV4/6 or Auto or IPV4 Only, its unlikely going to let you set this value to IPV6 Only.

010WILKY010
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the help ,got it all sorted now , the Xbox as both IPV4 & 6 now . Cheers 

Hi can I ask how you did this please ? My sons Xbox will no longer allow chat and I believe this you’re doing might help. His NAT type is strict and I’ve gone through all ports manually and cannot find open 

@Sheilajj : Change the Profile/APN on your EE device to APN Protocol = IPv4 only or IPV4/6.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)