cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to EE

robh661
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve finally made the switch from BT to EE after an endless battle due to my Halo, so could someone please tell what happens with the advance payment I’ve already made to BT. 
Because the EE switchover takes place by Midnight tomorrow. 

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What advance payment? Do you mean your normal payment for BB paid 1 month in advance? If so, you should get that part refunded for the period after you move to EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Good Question - I've just switched over too, as the price offered to re-contract and move to EE was much less than BT were offering me. I switched at midnight yesterday and had an EE bill generated today. Not sure what has become of the BT one....

The only problem I had, I couldn't get my New EE any cheaper than what I'm paying BT, but it saves a lot of grief when EE finally take over all the domestic BB services.

But I've also put in the pipeline for later EE TV and maybe even EE mobile, as my contract for Sky & o2 all come up for renewal from Oct onwards.

Thanks, hopefully the refund will happen shortly after my 1st EE bill gets produced