Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps

Letmeb00gey1
Investigator
Investigator
BT broadband to EE 1.6gbps

What a pain it has been to switch over to EE to get new router and faster speeds. Initially I was told they can order the 1.6gbps broadband from EE as I had by complete WiFi and i agreed only then after the phone call ended I noticed they simply transferred over like for like package on EE and found I then had to pay more not much but still £1 more. I was later told to let my order complete and I can then regrade and get the 1.6gb fibre from EE. I then checked on EE and it was still showing as I have the 900mb package. A few days passed, however  to my surprise it now shows I can get rhe 1.6 gbps package from EE. So when I called again to day I was told I can’t get it even though I am on full fibre fttp as the people on the phone said they can’t see the offer so can’t provide this to me  so firstly I was misled and missold what I was ordering then now their site doesn’t match it states I can get which is mis advertising. I have spent a number hours on the phone.

Letmeb00gey1_1-1698689414981.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Interesting to hear your experience actually. 

The UniFi stuff I have is considered ‘enterprise level’ and the 24 port PoE switch has the sound and heat output to back that up for sure!

For WAN I have an SFP+ to 10gb RJ45 adapter that’s in place and ready for the speed upgrade if and when I can eventually get on it. So if you’re actually getting above the 1.6gbps speed as you seem to be getting in some cases then I won’t have any bottlenecks preventing me from actually getting it on my devices that are either on the 2.5gb or 10gb Ethernet links they have available which is super cool. Same for the devices that are on the 6Ghz network I’ve recently deployed. Local network speed tests have seen those devices approaching 2gbps in some cases (in perfect conditions). Been really impressed with the new UniFi WiFi 7 APs considering how cheap they actually are! 

The more speed I can get, the better. I am a gamer and I also work with large files regularly for work as well so give me all I can get in my opinion. If I was at my last house I would already be on the 2.5gbps symmetrical speeds offered by some ISPs on CityFibres network already. 

View solution in original post

307 REPLIES 307
TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same situation tbh. Was on BT FF 900 halo 3 last Friday. Phoned up Friday afternoon to transfer over to EE. Wanted to transfer to 1.6gb package as also wanted smart WiFi plus (disc’s) and the new gaming optimizer. Was told to transfer over on a similar package which was fine by me and when my EE BB went live today I could phone back to upgrade. What a nightmare today, I login with my details and keep getting an error message. Most of the features on the EE app don’t work for the kids safety and pausing WIFI etc. Now I’m told I can’t upgrade to the new 1.6gb package as it’s not available. Even though it’s saying it’s available on the website with my post code etc. The advisor did say all customers on the 900 package will be upgraded free of charge within the next couple of months. I questioned if this information was correct and was assured that it is correct. Time will tell though, so now I’ve gotta wait a couple of days for a call back to add smart WiFi plus and that game optimizer mode. All in all not very happy with how things have been handled coming from BT. The transfer went very smoothly so that’s a positive. 

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same boat here too.. Was also on 900 Halo 3 and received a phone call Monday. New EE router and discs were meant to arrive Tuesday (they're still sat at a Royal Mail hub in Yorkshire). EE app and website don't work, my eSIM needed someone to assign it to my account which was finally done today and I can't pick TNT Sports as my inclusive add-on!

Was also told that I couldn't order the 1.6gbps at the time of switching because my ONT can't handle it (was only installed a year ago and the Openreach engineer said it was capable of 2.5gbps).

Wait and see I guess, god knows when the new router will arrive...

(BT Full Fibre 900 - 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

New EE BB customer here, was able to call up and order it. Being installed next week.

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Decided to check my ONT.. Appears to be a 1gbps variant 🙄

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Moose_UK How do I find out what ONT I have because I had full fibre installed in February this year. Maybe I need a new ONT? 

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@TuckerUK The model number should be printed on the back. 

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Moose_UK 

SDX611, GPON ONT. Part of the serial No. has ADTN hopefully that helps as I can't see a model number.

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@TuckerUK sounds the same as mine then. I believe the 2.5gbps model has "Reset" written along the bottom too where it says Optical, LAN, Power, etc

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just an update: I’ve been told tonight that customers coming from BT will not be able to get the new 1.6GB package currently. At some point it will be available for customers to upgrade to, It’s for new customers only, I feel completely mis-sold the ability to upgrade from transferring to EE from BT. Another kick in the teeth is I’ve now placed a order for smart wifi plus (disc) and wifi enhancer (gamer mode) no budging on price so now paying £70 a month for the same feature for the new 1.6GB package at £69.99 not a very smooth experience so far tbh.