Not happy

JasonandSam
Visitor

I'm quickly regretting switching to ee. 

Firstly the app doesn't work🤷‍♂️...I switched to this company because they advertisd around ee 'game mode' wich appealed to me but my app won't conect to my router for myself to enjoy the benefits for what I want. And because of this I also cant have control around my kids devices.

Then I get a text message to say that I can't enjoy the full speeds form this survive because ee don't provide a cat7 ethernet cable and that I have to purchase my own!😂... I've just jumped to paying £70 a month and I cant get my Internet to do what it advertised. I feel so angry, upset and ripped off!

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JasonandSam : You don't need a Cat 7 cable for the SH+ router. The supplied Cat 5+ or 6 will do. The LAN ports are limited to 1 Gig anyway, thus limiting the speed over Ethernet.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@JasonandSam There does appear to be issue's with connecting and using the app on mobile devices, i have android connected fine, got groups all set up but do not need to switch anything off so have not tried that feature, gamming mode is a paid feature so also do not have this so know idea how it tries to set the router mode and as it is not available via the web interface you need to get the mobile app working. Are you Android or Apple version. Searching the forum may help and as i say my version on android is working but not testing all of the features. Version appears to be 5.35.0 but not sure if Apple IOS is updated yet. If you are gamming then there is no better way than to be connected by Ethernet Cable, and CAT 5E is all that is required, the hype of faster cat 6 / 7 is not required unless you find that the price is the same for each cable then that is the only reason to buy. When you do get the modes all working let the forum know, its always good for passing advice. Good luck trying to get it all sorted.

The link below may also help, check it out.

WiFi Enhancer | Boost Your Connection | Broadband Help | EE