cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE Broadband not activated after switching over from BT

WOO-UK
Visitor

This is still happening.  Openreach fitted my Full-Fibre-150 on Tuesday of last week, I sat up all night (14 hrs in total) setting up all my computers, phones, Alexa's, wifi operated plugs and lights etc. I went to bed at 6am and woke around 1pm to find I had no internet or landline. I too have serious health issues, (7 strokes, PTSD, High Anxiety, plus more). I use Alexa for an emergency call system after my call system was removed, and for communication to the outside world. I live in an area with poor TV/Radio coverage and can only receive over the internet. Being almost housebound my whole life now revolves around the internet. There is next to nothing I can do without it.

I too went through the endless telephone calls, some an hour long, each time repeating the same, being placed on-hold, disconnected, not telephoned back. Told 'Nothing they can do' by a rude operator who over-spoke my every word.. Eventually I was put through to the Back Office Team, they were extremely polite and tried their best to help, but Openreach only operate until 6pm and they only work mon-fri, so we were not getting anywhere.

It appears that Openreach have 'lost' the details of 22,000 EE installs, they have connected users who have then been disconnected under 24 hrs later because they had been removed from the system. Surely such a modern tech savvy firm as Openreach have made back-ups to their computer systems that control the automation process? Why can't they just reverse what they have done?  I chose to change to full-fibre now before the mad rush begins when they close the copper based system in 2025, People always wait till the last moment so I did not want to get stuck in the high numbers rushing to change before the deadline. If they can't manage now, how the hell are they going to manage then?  For the biggest telephone installer, providing connection to the majority of the public, how can they operate on a mon-fri and only up to 6pm basis? Broadband is now as vital to many as the electric and gas supply, they need to be 24/7

EE sent out a 4g modem for me to use while we waited for Openreach to fix their issues and get me re-activated, but its painfully slow and frequently dropping signal altogether, I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 bars where I live. It is just not acceptable, I need the speeds and power that the Full-Fibre 150 promised me!

No it is not EE's fault, but EE needs to be more persuasive, tougher, and have more involvement in the activation process, they need to push Openreach to increase their working hours, or supply their own 'out of hours' technicians to solve faults. Customers should not be left without a service they are paying for even for a few hours, and definitely not the two weeks I have so far been waiting. And it now the weekend yet again, so nothing will be attempted now until Monday, and will it even be done next week????.

0 REPLIES 0