cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Portal Mobile Data

KazTwi
Investigator
Investigator

Hey. My Playstation Portal cannot connect to my PS5 on EE mobile data. Using Android phone. I can connect on WiFi at home, WiFi away from home and mobile data with Three and O2 - only EE mobile data not working.

I also cannot get the PS Remote Play app on my phone to connect using mobile data.

This is clearly an EE problem. Anyone got a solution or know when this will be fixed?

Edit: I have tried the EE mobile data connection with and without VPN enabled. Didn't make a difference.

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KazTwi,

Do any of the troubleshooting steps in How to troubleshoot issues on your PS Portal (UK) (playstation.com) help?

James

I’m having the same issues 

infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You should have a read of this previous post from 2023, might give you a solution too if you want to use mobile option.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/NEW-5GEE-router-My-PS5-is-restricted-to-NAT-3-NOT-NAT...

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

The settings on this link already apply. Does not fix the issue.

This is relating to EE router. I don't use EE as my broadband, I am trying to connect via my phones hotspot for remote play. The PS5 is ethernet connected to my broadband. 

iPhone users on Reddit are reporting that EE have implemented a solution. Still waiting for Android to be fixed.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KazTwi,

If the troubleshooting steps didn't help, I'd recommend reaching out to their support team.

James

Drew49-2391-
Investigator
Investigator

ive got this exact problem and its driving me mad i did an connection test im barely getting 0.0 something off upload speed on an unlimited data plan which is painful 

It's not a Playstation error though, nothing that Sony can support with. The issue is with EEs subpar network for gaming. This is well documented in these forums that the error is with EE. 

So instead of me contacting Sony, is there anything that EE are going to do?

i went into an EE today too ask someone why my upload speed is so slow too get told its cause yes i have unlimited data but i dont have the all rounder plan so i can no longer use remote play ( basically can only remote play or game on wifi now as the data plan im on isnt built for it ) pretty much the jist i got off it ( which i will say anyyoys me greatly as i was told my plan would be fine for remote play an so on )