cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-Usable Website Taking me round in circles

p4everEE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I wish I was here feeling fulfilled and refreshed.  I am not.

I've been with EE for almost 12years.  Service has always been great and my mobile deals are good too.  But,  It's 2022.  I really need someone to tell me that there is actually a problem with the Website and it's Broken and will Never be Fixed!

Before you ask me to Clear My Cookies, Refresh my Browser, or ask me What Operating system I have, let me save us the time.  I am well into my 40's and have extensive knowledge on how to keep things running Optimally.  The site is not very good.  I just need acknowledgment.  It is the main reason I do not recommend EE and also the main reason that every time I need to upgrade I consider leaving as the whole process is a chore.  I simply MUST call to sort a deal out.

I have changed from using Windows 7, Windows 8  now Windows 10 Pro and Also used Ubuntu etc.  I have tried several browsers.  It has been a problem for 12years! The site Doesn't Work.  FACT!  It's forever asking me to Log In even though I am Logged in!  There is no extensive Details on the phones.  Why is there no detailed Search Filter for your phones or Price Plans?  Round and round in circles trying to find things.
Where are your Sim Deals?  I feel utterly utterly frustrated that I must do this repeating dance once more.  I'm sick of it.

To be clear, I don't need Help or Advice.  This is a Community Information post to inform of the constant problems with the EE website.

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Pay Monthly SIM Only Deals & Contacts 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@p4everEE  The thing is through there are more sales through the website then customers have issues with the website if there wasn’t this forum would have more complaints about that than it currently does.   The couple of times I’ve used the website to takeout/upgrade contracts I’ve not had an issue.    Is it broken? because it wouldn’t work for hundreds/thousands of customers who do use it to upgrade through it.  

im not saying there’s never been issues I’m just saying if you’ve had issues for 10 years with EE and 2 years with Orange or T-Mobile then obviously it’s more than just the website. 

But WOULD  it have more complaints?  I've been with them for 12 years and this is the 1st time I've taken to the Forum about it.  I normally use GSM arena or other competitor websites to decide what phone I want then go to Retentions for a Deal as for the previous years the site has been poor in it's offering!  So suggesting the forum would be awash is a little naive as that's not how people who have issues work.  The web is not filled with disgruntled website users.  Most people either look elsewhere or call in.  In that case they have a work around for the lack of functionality to the web.  I personally think it should be a lot better by now.

EDIT:  Would you believe it!  I can now see the Sim options.....for 3 hours it simply said Sorry, page not available.  Edit Edit: Oops.  Alas, I have now tried to see All Phones and the same Sorry messages has appeared.  It's basically been like this for a decade.  In other instances I go round in circles as it asks me to Log In to see upgrade options, even though I am logged in!

So, are you trying to suggest as I am one of a few who have brought this to the attention of the forum, that statistically, it doesn't exist for the majority?

Are you using the website now?  

You have no issues at all with searching thru the Sims, phones etc?  You have a clear Filter system to look at all the phones you like including a full detailed spec list?  You can search by Cost that doesn't include a hidden Pay Up front cost?  You know, that all other top end sites have.

Search by Camera Function, Cost, No upfront, Size etc. etc. etc.?

Nope it doesn't exist.

The site doesn't work properly.  It never has.

Hey, maybe the site works 80% of the day, but everytime I need to upgrade, it's updating or in maintenance.  It's possible!

image.png

This has been like this almost 10 mins!  In the meantime I'm watching 4k content with zero issues on any other webpage or open tab.

EDIT: I can't share a Screen Print like I did in my last post as I now have this meesage preventing me from showing my stuck Loading Screen while trying to view Sim Options.

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

image.png

and this is the latest just now at 10pm.....No-one else seeing this???

SORRY, OUR ONLINE SHOP
IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW.

We’re not sure what is causing the issue and we’re unable to say when we’ll be back online.

We’ve got our team of engineers working on it.

I'm logged in as it's shows at the top Log Out!!!

But the message on screen is:  and so the loop continues!

image.png

Hi @p4everEE ,

I'm a relatively new EE customer and have only been here for about 8 months.

The website is frequently under maintenance outside of UK office hours during my time as a customer. I've found it's typically been the case for the app too, certainly for the latter part of the 8 months.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Yep.  12 years and counting but we still have the Forum peeps fighting the good fight....:O