cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two EE App/Website accounts - how do I close the one of them?

0xym0r0n
Visitor

I have genuinely searched on this topic and can't see a post/FAQ entry for my exact issue, if there is one you can direct me to I'm more than happy to get the information from there, not looking to waste anyones time.

I'm a longtime BT customer who was considering migrating to EE a few weeks ago as my contract came up for renewal. In my inquisitiveness to see what was available, I created an EE website profile with what I consider my primary email address.

Having decided to migrate across, the BT/EE staff member I engaged with had to create an EE ID for me. They couldn't use my primary email address (as presumably it was already logged as being used) so I used my secondary email address. That second account is now set up and active with my services migrated across to it.

I'd like to use my primary email address for my second active account but it won't let me change as my primary email is already in use with the first orphan account. When I log onto the first orphan, account there doesn't seem to be an option to close it.  

Any ideas please?

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@0xym0r0n  You’ll have to call customer services and request that they close the account with the email address you want to use and remove that email address from their system. Until it’s removed you’ll not be able to use it on your new account.