cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to my new phone or to EE

Rachmay
Investigator
Investigator

I just upgraded around 2 weeks ago to the Samsung 24s ultra. But unfortunately it changed to emergency calls only last Wednesday. 

I've spent several hours off my landline to EE since last week. 

I was sent out a new sim but same issue. 

I then spoke to EE from my landline again today and am now completely locked out of the phone because the customer service had me do a full reset and it needs the code for 2 step verification to access the phone. But I can't get past that and can't get the code because no text or calls available. 

I was then told I'd need to sort with Samsung. They passed me round 3 people who no clue then sent me to a survey. 

I then tried to tell EE through the app using the sim like now in my old phone but they automatically scanned this phone and messaged all okay. I couldn't speak to anyone to tell them they are scanning the wrong phone. 

So now I have no access to the new phone, EE can't help, nor can Samsung and I have 2 days in hospital this week and then my dogs cancer op. Therefore no one can contact me on phone or text to arrange pick ups, hospital updates and help as I'm disabled and the vets won't be able to call me during her cancer op. 

I honestly don't know what to do but wish I'd never upgraded. It's incredibly stressful and I'm paying for a phone I can't even use. 

Can anyone help please 

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rachmay  You can’t get the code and yet you’ve put the sim in an old device?   Didn’t the code come through to that device?

Perhaps @Northerner  can help you with this ? 

It did do but the the EE customer service had me do a full reset and now I can't get past the signing into phone set up without it. But unfortunately I can't get it without getting access to texts. Thanks for any thoughts, help or ideas 

Sorry no unfortunately no text came through on this old device which they are aware of

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Rachmay 

The two stage authentication must be your Google account as you would not be asked for one by Samsung. Log into the Google account attached to your phone and change your authentication method. 

Again however you don't need the SIM in the device and as @Chris_B said you should receive the code on your other device if that contains your EE SIM. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Unfortunately once I've signed on through Google it then wants me to sign in through Samsung authorisation but I can't without getting any text messages. Unfortunately it doesn't give any options to get the code by email. 

EE and myself couldn't understand why the text won't come through on my old phone either. 

And they have no idea how to fix and get access to the new phone now 

You are both genius, I just tried the jew phone without the sim and it's let me do the 2 step code text which has come through on old phone so I've entered it and I'm back in the new phone now. 

Next I think I need to swap the sim card back and hope it works. I'll let you know but thank you so much for helping and taking your time of both of you. It's much appreciated and very kind 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you perhaps trying to sign into an existing Samsung account, and that has 2FA setup?

Receipt of SMS when your SIM is in another phone should not present any issue, assuming the SMS is sent after the other phone is connected to a network and not before.