cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled by EE

Je5ter05
Investigator
Investigator

Took out a new contract this month, part of it included an Inclusive Extra to Netflix. It's been working fine for the few weeks but now Netflix emailed me to say I needed to update my payment details. It was a legit request as my Netflix app brought this up straight away. I wanted to check if Netflix option has been stopped by EE since or if this is possibly just an error as I haven't swapped or changed my Inclusive Extra 

113 REPLIES 113
VijayEE
Investigator
Investigator

Well I had to tell the advisor what to do and they did it.... Not convinced this is going to solve the issue as Netflix is still showing my payment method as credit card. 

Also how do I apply for a refund seeing as I have had to pay for Netflix twice this month? 

I got EE to remove my benifit, then logged back on onto EE website and added Netflix again. It worked and linked back to my Netflix account.

Ring Netlfix once it's linked (takes only minutes) and ask for a refund, they will give you a 'one' time cursity refund...

Whether this is a permanent fix or not time will tell... Good luck

Hi,  just phone them took less than 15mins  to get  netflix back 

They removed the  smart benefit and re added it .

so all sorted  now 

Hi. I'm awaiting a call from EE later this afternoon so I hope the solution is the same for me. Can I ask, once you they removed and added the extra, did you need to go through the Netflix activation process again or did Netflix just start working as normal? 

VijayEE
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone - have finally had it resolved. Steps are below for anyone else struggling:

1. Call/message EE and ask them to get the Netflix add on removed.

2. Log into EE and add Netflix back on.

3. You will get a text message to your phone so you can confirm which Netflix account you're using. This will link your EE account with your Netflix account.

4. Call Netflix and tell them EE made a mistake which caused you to be charged twice. Tell them that the issue has been rectified but could they process a refund on the Netflix charge as you have been charged twice. 

Phillaw96
Explorer

Just shy of an hour on hold with ee yesterday and they’ve  resolved the issue by removing Netflix from my contact and re-adding it. 

once reactivated it works now as it should.

call ee to get this resolved 🙂

Becca1984
Visitor

Has anyone had an update on this issue yet? 🤔 I have this as well and haven't got anywhere with it 🤕

They sent a text saying it was sorted and when I went to Netflix it was up and running Sent from my Galaxy
ZN93
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks everyone for the advice. I rang EE and asked them to deactivate and then I re-activated on my side which seemed to do the trick.

Getting a refund from Netflix was really easy as well, I just contacted them on the Chat function and it took less than 5 minutes.

Got the issue resolved via the chat system. Netflix smart benefit cancelled and reactivated. Hopefully, the error won't get repeated. Why ee couldn't resolve this without our involvement is beyond me.