cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link EE pay go SIM to EE account

J2MMY
Explorer

I have received a pay as you go sim card by post. When I select to link it to my existing EE account online, it says there is an error linking and to try again later. When I try later, I get the same error. 

The pay as you go sim card is showing signal and can make calls etc.

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @J2MMY

Is the account you are trying to link to a pay as you go or pay monthly account?

Katie

Katie_B

I am unsure if you are trying to link to an existing account that has an active pay monthly number or if you are trying to link it to an account which has an existing pay as you go number @J2MMY. This is information I will need to help further as you are unable to link a pay as you go number with pay monthly. 

Katie

Hi, @Katie_B 

I have same issue that I cannot link my newly order PAYG Sim to my New EE account.

I tried 2 new sims, all have same error message.

IMG_20230826_060052_081.jpg

Katie_B

Good morning @htchung628

Thanks for coming here. 

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie

Maybe it is you having trouble reading. Katie is asking whether the account you are trying to link your PAYG sim to is a pay monthly or PAYG. 

It's a simple question and your response will make a difference as to whether it is possible to do what you asked. 

Rudeness towards someone offering to help you do something that you are inept at doing is a little silly. 

Hi @Katie_B I am having the same problem and same message. Is there a solution

Katie_B

Hello @SteveA4

Welcome to the community. 

Is this a new pay as you go My EE account you are trying to set up?

Katie

Hi @Katie_B,

Thanks for the reply. It's a new PAYG SIM and I am trying to link it to my newish EE account.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @SteveA4

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie