cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

721 REPLIES 721
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for reporting this and letting us know @TrioOfOne 

To report this to 7726, you would need to copy the message and send this as text message to 7726. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I use a android mobile so don't know if it's different for iPhones ect. Before doing this I often write the number down that sent the suspect message.

To forward a message to 7726:

• Open the message app.
  • Go to the message you want to forward.
  • Copy the number down that sent the message (I write it down myself).
  • Tap and hold on the message.
  • Tap on the three dots (normally top right).
  • Select forward.
  • Then select new message and type 7726.
  • Now hit send.
  • You will receive a message asking you to reply with the number that sent you the text message.
  • Type the number you copied ( one you wrote down)
  • Hit send again.

You will receive a confirmation message.

b1963
Explorer

Hello. I got a msg from EE saying I have to redeem my points or lose them. So I have picked Amazon voucher as nothing else I want. It says check your Gift box on EE. Where is this box?? as looked and can not see it! I dont go on the EE site very often so dont know where to look.

Thank you in advance

@b1963 wrote:

Hello. I got a msg from EE saying I have to redeem my points or lose them. So I have picked Amazon voucher....

Have you provided the spammers with any personal details? If you have - consider those compromised.

@b1963@Dadscab  : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to access your a/c.

Report spam texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Many thanks, I have just received this text from EE ???

Leanne_T

Hi @b1963 @SteveH30 

Welcome to the EE Community.

That isn't a genuine EE offer and text, please forward the message to 7726. 

If you have shared your card details, please contact your bank as soon as possible to report it.

Leanne.

1000007882.jpg

 Hi there.

I've just had this text from "EE" Is it a possible scam? 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming here @Dadscab 

The text isn't a genuine EE text message, please forward the scam message to 7726.

Leanne.  

Kkkkkkkkkkk11
Visitor

Yes, and I stupidly clicked through and put my number in before I realised.  Did anyone else put their number in? Are there repercussions of doing this? 

Thanks