cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

747 REPLIES 747
Yep most definitely India, spot on 👍
C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that's happened to you.

Like others have said the first thing to do is contact your bank and explain what's happened and they will work with you to sort it so that your account is safe.

I hope you get it sorted.

I like a fool did fall for it. George 

C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Dode2

Sorry to hear that but don't consider yourself a fool even the most switched on people get caught out now and then we are all only Human.

The best thing to do is to contact your bank right away and let them know what's happened.

Thanks, I already have luckily my bank RBS had blocked them phew 😅
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dode2 

I'm sorry to hear that you have fallen victim to this. I'm glad you've phoned the bank to let them know and would recommend changing any passwords, if you entered any.

Leanne.

Jennyfaethebloc
Investigator
Investigator

Why had EE not informed their most vulnerable customers about this internal scam, they need to stop selling our details to third parties. 

This scam had been going for months and yet still EE sit back and watch it happen. 😡. Jx

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jennyfaethebloc 

I'm sorry to hear you've received a phishing text message, these phishing messages are not sent out by EE, if you have received a scam text please forward it to 7726 to report it.

We have strict controls in place to make sure your data is properly protected. You can find out more in EE Privacy Policy - In a nutshell | Privacy Policy | EE.

Leanne. 

Report to down the line, BUT warn all your friends that these things go
on.....

Hello Leanne_T

Hello community 

I don't seem able to forward a text I received today, so I will share it here instead.

I reported it as a scam and blocked the number (not sure if that would be to yourselves anyway).EE Points Scam.png