cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre broadband

deebeeleo
Visitor

We are renovating a property that doesn't have any broadband currently. The village where it is situated has just had Ultra fast full fibre broadband installed and I have a voucher that I need to give to the provider to get it installed. (Open Reach claim the cost back from DSIT with the voucher.) We are with EE for our broadband at the house that we live in now and only 9 months into a 24 month contract, so can't really afford to change provider.

Our electrician wants to know if will EE install all the necessary cables into the house or just to the edge of our property? 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If it is available at your location & you order it from EE, OR will install the fibre & everything up to the ONT modem on an inner wall of the house on behalf of EE. EE will supply the router & cables.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker > Address Checker estimate for your new addy? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your addy. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you are referring to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme:

Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme or Connect with Openreach

Then you will see on the Active Gigabit Voucher Scheme Suppliers list that Openreach are one of the many suppliers

The Openreach network is open to all service providers. Once Full Fibre is available, you'll be able to order broadband from any service provider operating in your area.

So, as @XRaySpeX has stated in their post, see if you can now get fibre on the Openreach checker:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

Then you can simply get EE to transfer your existing broadband to your renovated property for free, and as already mentioned, they will get Openreach to install everything for you, best to start it about a month before you need to move.

How do I move home with EE?

How is fibre installed

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.