New to EE

BobS63
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve connected my Amazon Firetv box to my new EE hub and it shows a strong signal and a good connection but when I click on any App on the Firetv, it freezes and I get a ‘no internet connection’ message even though my EE hub light is solid aqua? Any help to solve this please as I access Discovery+ and sport through the Firetv box!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello XRay. Just to say thank you for your help. I finally got to text someone at EE who knew what they were doing and the issue was my account hadn’t been set up properly (it didn’t include phone calls!) so the operator amended my account; I switched airplane mode off and on and voila I can now make calls. Just the connecting of devices to the router to sort out now. Thanks again. Bob

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BobS63 : Which EE router & which EE BB plan do you have?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BobS63
Investigator
Investigator

Hello. Ive  just received the new Smart 4G SNX3 hub. I’ve got the unlimited plan. I’ve also found this morning that nothing will connect to it. I can’t connect my Yale Alarm system, my Baxi Boiler app nor my Echo or Echo Dot!!!!

They are all saying wi-fi or internet not available even though it is. Another thing I’ve noticed is I can’t make phone calls either. 

@BobS63 : Try temporarily disabling the 5 GHz WiFi band while connecting problematic 2.4 GHz devices.

What do you mean that you can't make calls from it? Routers don't make calls.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I was told that the iPhone SIM and hub would come all set up and just needs connecting. 
I know hub’s don’t make calls! I’m saying that when I try to make a call from my iPhone it won’t connect. I go to my contacts to call and it just goes beep beep beep and cuts off. I only have my mobile phone and the hub now. If I dial 150 it won’t connect either! The idea was to change from BT to EE for a better internet speed. I’m regretting it now😡

Hello XRay. Just to say thank you for your help. I finally got to text someone at EE who knew what they were doing and the issue was my account hadn’t been set up properly (it didn’t include phone calls!) so the operator amended my account; I switched airplane mode off and on and voila I can now make calls. Just the connecting of devices to the router to sort out now. Thanks again. Bob

BobS63
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all. I’ve searched the forum for similar issues. I’ve just received my new router and my iPhone connects ok but other devices (Amazon Echo, Firetv box, Yale alarm, Baxi smart thermostat) connect to the router but not the internet! I have read it could be an IPv6 issue. Are there any known solutions please? Thanks, Bob. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BobS63 

Welcome to the community.

Do you get any error messages? Have you tried restarting the router?

Chris

I’ve tried that and just been speaking to a tech rep at EE. We are trying
some solutions now🤞