cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Smart Hub - Connection Issues

jb234
Explorer

Hello,

We have just set up a 4g smart hub and speed tests are showing around 80Mbps download and around 30Mbps upload. Signal on the web gui is showing 4 bars.

The issue we're having is Sonos or similar services will not work. Even using the Sonos app on my mobile will not let me login (before even looking at the Sonos speakers themselves).

On further investigation I thought I would try using a public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 but for some reason I cannot receive a ping from this or even 1.1.1.1.

I can ping both of those addresses when I use my Vodafone mobile as a hotspot.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jb234 

Welcome to the community.

How many different types of devices are you trying to connect? Are any of your devices connecting to it successfully?

Chris

jb234
Explorer

Hi Christopher,

I've been testing with a laptop, 2x mobile phones (iphone and android) and of course the Sonos speaker. But with the laptop directly connected to the hub I can't communicate with the Sonos servers to log into the app.

The minute I turned WiFi off on my mobile I started getting notifications through for a ring doorbell too which is not at the house - these must have been blocked also. It's like the service is restricted!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jb234 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

To get this looked into please call us and our tech guides will run some troubleshooting to get this investigated. 

Leanne.